Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wierd problem. I have a 1971 440 that I rebuilt for my d150. It has 205lb compression and is balanced.
The problem is I am currently running a single 450 OHG mixer(propane) and cannot get it adjusted for power above about 2500 rpm. Has anyone else tried to cure a problem like this? I have a dual quad intake and was wondering if it would be worth my while to round up a couple of 425 impcos and try to adjust that setup. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Let me talk to the guys at work. I will see what he says.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I built the motor, it was on gasoline, but the compression is too high for economical operation. To run properly, it needs about 115 octane. At 94 octane, I get pre-ignition at any time I try to increase rpm, and I have to stall the engine to get it to die. It runs great on 130 lowlead (avation gas), but is expensive. the propane runs fine, and only costs 44 cents a liter.

·
Registered
174 Posts
that's one of the most tricked out 440's I've heard about it. Ever. I have no input, or advice... my compliments to you on such a setup.

Chief

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
I would try the dual IMPCOs since you've got a manifold... But wait to see what answer Nate (CamoRam) comes up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts