Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://i.imgur.com/kvEYnil.jpg

Hi all,

I've been cleaning this manifold. I'm getting some coolant and possibly oil into the hole around the front left of this manifold looking at the pic. I'm wondering if someone on here knows these manifolds to tell me if that is a casting issue or if I need a plug of some sort. I tightened down the clamps today on those coolant hoses. And soaked up the coolant/oil mix. Plan on monitoring to see if I'm getting any more fluid in these spaces. But I'm curious if that hole is right.

It's an 89 w250 wla360 . The intake is stamped 4344000.

·
Super Moderator
29,791 Posts
You need to pull the intake and put on new intake gaskets.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
the oil is comming from the valve cover or the front valley gasket , the water is from a fitting or a hose , BUT it can be the intake gasket ... or a loose bolt right there leaking round the threads ...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright  checked the engine again today.  I think tightening those hoses may have stopped the leak.  I’ve done the valve cover gaskets.  I’m just doing a little at a time.  Mostly just because I like working on it trying to learn as I go.  Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
small things add up , so starting small is a good thing  {cool}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.