Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 4 inch suspension lift for my dodge. Whats the best/cheapest kit using springs? Also whats the difference between steering correction blocks or the pitman arm thing? And where can the pitman arm be boughten at?

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
go here www.rockymountainsusp.com there is a link to them up top in the header too . Call them if you dont know ofr sure what you are after .

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Get the pitman arm with that lift. It's easier to swap out than the steering arm. Those steering arms are a bitch to get off and you'll have a pitman arm if you ever decide to do crossover steering.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the pitman arm the arm that comes off the steering box? Looks really simple to install if thats what it is.

Just wondering if i will need any special tools to install the lift? I have a biiiig really nice craftsman mechanics tool set. Its got 1/2in drive sockets, 3/8in drive sockets, and 1/4in drive sockets, and all the wrenches. So in all i have about 6 of every size socket and about 3 of every wrench. I also have an impact wrench and grinders and other tools. I don't have a torch or a welder, will they be needed? I'm also going to be picking up a few floor jacks and some jack stands

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
You will need a 1 5/16ths socket to get the big retaining nut off and a pitman arm puller to get it off. They are usually rusted on there really good so you might need a good cheater pipe too. You can get the pitman arm puller at autozone or most parts stores. They aren't too expensive, about $15. Just a warning, the pitman arms like to rust on the splines so it will take some work to get it off.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, seems like me, my buddy, and my dad will be able to pull this lift off pretty easy. I also have an uncle thats a mechanic that could help if worse came to worse. I doubt he'll be needed though

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
It's easy. With that many people you should be able to get done with it in a weekend.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
It isn't hard to do, just unbolt and rebolt, maybe torch a couple of the really rusty bolts, but you only need basic hand tools really and it sounds like you've got it covered.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Pick up a can of Kroil or PB Blaster if you can't find Kroil, and drench every nut & bolt you will be removing at least an hour before you get started. Your knuckles will thank you....

-SM

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
You'll need more than 1 can! PB blaster is good stuff, one of the very few "As seen on tv" products that actually works. I don't think I'd care to know the ingredients tho...

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Can't seem to find the stuff up here.(PB blaster)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts