Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking to a BB mopar fanatic today who I am going to give my bare 361 block. He has been thinking of building a stroker 361...comes out around 413. Says the ratio's are real good and should produce some good power. As an experiment...he's got a pile of BB and 451 strokers, etc.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
That would be intersting to see built for sure . Probably be a stump pulling sum bitch too .

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
well the outcome is very predicatable. less power than any of its bigger bore brothers. a stroked 383=426.

yes it ll have more torque, but definetly not more than another b/rb engine with 3.75" stroke. (unless you decide to use the original B engine rods.

www.musclemotorsracing.com will hook you up with the pistons.

am affraid the small bore will hold you back.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Well it would make more torque if you did use the shorter rod, why you would use a small bore 361 block over the more abundant 400 is beyond me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I gotta agree with marty on this one, why bother? 400 or even 383 are still plentiful and cost would be about the same. I didn't go look at the MM site for cost on the 361 pistons but the 400 stroker pistons are a stocked item, even if you had to buy a 400 block the build might cost less than the 361 set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts