Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kind of curious, has anyone swapped out a 360 for a cummins in a first gen ram? What would it entail? I could get a cummins cheap and want to know if it is possible or even worth it.

Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
105 Posts
Worth it? Calculate that your mileage will double and your diesel will last at least 3 time as long as a gas engine. 88 or late ram will be a bolt in. Buy a complete parts truck and don't start the project until your ready to do it to completion.

·
Vendor
11,513 Posts
It's a great conversion to do!! I'm in the process of getting ready to do it my self this summer.
Jim

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do i need front end, rear end, and transfer case out of a cummins? Or will the ones out of my 360 line up/hook up/hold up?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
jmbruen said:
Do i need front end, rear end, and transfer case out of a cummins? Or will the ones out of my 360 line up/hook up/hold up?
If the Cummins is automatic the 23 spline T-case can be reused, the 5spd CTD is 29 spline so t Cummins 5spd 205 must be used, as for axles the stock half ton ones can be used if you don't turn the Cummins into a beast or beat on them with it all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts