Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2WD 1990 Ramcharger with a TBI 360, A518, and a 3.90 rear end. Recently the voltage regulator in the computer failed. I haven't had luck finding another computer and I don't want to rig an external regulator into it so here's the solution I thought up. Magnum swap it. I'm in no hurry so I've got time to make sure I specifically get a 1993 to 1995 2WD Dodge vehicle with a 360 and auto. But I wanted to ask if anyone has any tips on what to look out for when doing this.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
not an answer to your q , but so you know info ... the external reg deal is very simple wiring work , where as the magnum will not be plug and play , the plugs do not match up , and although a straight forward job , requires more wiring work by far , from the engine bay to the gas tank , changes must be made .

·
Super Moderator
14,344 Posts
lol $40 repair vs a whole engine swap. If you were just joking about the reason for the swap, here is a good resource

Magnumswap.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that a Magnum swap is a bigger undertaking than two wires and a $50 part. But I've been wanting to do something about the power and performance of the truck since I bought it and this just seems like a good oppurtunity. The engine needs an overhaul anyway and I figure I'll get a donor vehicle and rob whatever I need off of it.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
makes perfect sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.