Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that the stock 360 intake manifold has better flow characteristics than the Edelbrock performer manifold. And that the Edelbrock was made for the 318 but works on both. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
The stock cast iron 4 bbl manifold is equal to or better than aftermarket manifolds in the rpm range most people use in their trucks.

All the manifolds, iron and aluminum, 2 and 4 barrel, 318 and 360 (nonMagnum) will interchange. The ports are different sizes.

I don't know if Edelbrock has made a bigger port manifold yet or not. Call them and ask.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
The edelbrock catalog tells what the port size is on each of thier manifolds. The performer is smaller then the stock cast iron manifold. The port size on the performer is .97 X 1.95. The size of the Performer RPM is 1.01 X 2.17. Stock cast iron 4 bbl diminsions are close to the RPM's size

G

·
The standard Performer intake is aimed at 318's and mild 360's. It will "perform" better on a 360 if the ports are opened up to 360-size. The big port intakes are Performer RPM, and Performer RPM Air Gap. These fit 340/360-sized ports without mods. The stock 360 cast iron is a great intake, particularly when you consider when it was developed. They're cheap, last forever, and flow great.....just don't drop it on yer foot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts