Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a rebuild of ye ol tired 318 in the next few weeks. I have a 360 tbi truck with air injection 90 model. I dont really want to put the 360 in as it needs rebuilt, (water in the oil) But I have read that the 360 heads on a 318 is a good thing.

So anything i need to watch for?, Are the rockers different as the 90 is a roller motor and the 84 318 is not? Pushrods different?

Cams? I am guessing you guys are gonna say the mopar RV cam. sounds good, do I need to change out the springs?

again thanks in advance Gurus!

bill

·
Registered
780 Posts
360 heads on the 318 will kill compression...Also, since the ports are bigger, you might actually loose a little low end power. As for swapping, the heads should swap fine, just use the pushrods out of the 84, as the roller motor uses shorter pushrods...
If this is a stock motor, with the 2bbl and regular exhaust, I dont think the 360 heads would do you any good over the 318 heads, but thats just my opinion.
C.J.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only problem I have using the whole 360 is coming up with a 360 flywheel. I havnt found one aftermarket and from your freindly nieghborhood dodge dealer its over 400 just for the flywheel. I do have the auto tranny out of that truck but have none of the throttle rod, kickdown linkage or anything. I toyed with the idea of putting a full manual vavlebody in, but havent found one for the OD tranny. I do have a hurst rachet shifter just laying around waiting for something to do. Anybody have any Ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't know what year your 318 is but if it's an early 318 swap to 87 heads there the heart shaped heads and flow good do alittle porting and your set small combustion chambers so comp will stay the same or increase a little

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.