Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey if you have two trucks one has a 318 and the other is supposedly a 360. How do i tell the difference just by looking at them. The 360 is not the original motor for this vehicle.

Thanks
Rodney

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Just by looking at them, if there both 2 barrel motors the 60 has a larger 2 barrel, other than that you have to look on the side of the block, it will tell you everything you need to and want to know

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i will go and look. Thank you very much.

Rodney

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok if i am just going by the size of the 2bbl carb then i definately have a 360 here. The carb is frieken huge compared to the one i have on the 318.

Thanks again,
Rod

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
No problem

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
the carb may not always be a reliablke indicator. if the "360" is not stock, who is to say it isnt a 318 with a 360 manifold and carb placed on it. the best way to tell is to lok at side of block by the starter. then look under driver side head on front of block this should give you all the info you need on the engine.

eric

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ED3 and Eric! I took a wire brush to the drivers side of the block and uncovered the number 360. So i guess it's definate.

take care
Rod

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
You can also go buy the harmonic ballancer as the 360 will have a counter ballenced weight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts