Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Having a dog of a time installing the front rod assembly from the column to the torque shaft (see attached image).

I've put the column in park and shoved the shift lever on the transmission into park as well. I can't get it to clear the frame, and for the life of me I don't understand why. It's all assembled as it should be.

Would someone be able to snap a picture or two showing their setup to see where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
Mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
bracket on cab floor ... cross rod reversed ...???          glad you figgered it out ...  ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was an idiot. The error was laying on the creeper under the cab, but once he sorted himself out, it all went together like it should have from the start...

Paint on the rod made me believe the flat end for the attaching  with the lock screw needed to go 180... shaking my head at myself. All good now.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yep sometimes ya gotta remember , your not upside down , just flat on yer back LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.