Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would happen if we bored a 360 to .060 over and stroked it? How would it effect the reliabily/ingetrity of the engine?

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Only bore it out as far as it is needed. I've gotten by with many engines with .020" overbore. The thicker the walls the more stable they are and the better they will dissipate heat. That will give you more power then the few cubes you gain by going to max overbore.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well its at .040 and its got a big friggin scratch.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Well its generally believed that .040" is the max for mopar small blocks without sonic testing the cylinder walls. I would either get another block or sonic test the one you got. Would .010" more off the cylinder wall even clean the scratch up? If you dont' think so then junk the block.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Cheaper then the pistons your gonna need

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He decided that the engine wasn't worth sinking anymore money into. Its going to be a spare one I guess.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you can go 60 over if you have a deep scratch,or you could have that one sleeved, racers go 60 over all the time, thats max.if you go 30 over,next time you can go another 30 thats why,If you go 60 now you throw it away next time.I did it on a 360 with nitrous, it lasted for about 3 years of street & strip Drag racing..till i twisted the oil pump shaft in two!!! And didnt catch the oil pressure drop ooooppppsss...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts