Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1984 W-100. Currently running 31X10.50 on 15x8 M/Ts. How much lift do I need to install to get 33/12.50s under it? Is there a good kit or do I need (or want) to roll my own? Any steering mods needed for a lift? Pitman Arm? etc? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The last parts truck I got has 33x12.50" at stock height on stock wheels.

I might do a 1" zero-rate or add-a-leaf in the front. Shouldn't need steering correction; a Cummins truck stands 2-3" taller with the same steering.

Reactions: neil4224

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I have a 74 with 33x12.5 and it rubs only at full turn. I would think a 2" lift may allow for clearance, but if you are going to be offroad flexing, I'd go with a 4" lift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I will not be doing any heavy off-roading / flexing. I was thinking that a new set of front springs (I am sure they sagging) might get me room and use books in the back to level up? Where is the best place to get sorings?
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I will not be doing any heavy off-roading / flexing. I was thinking that a new set of front springs (I am sure they sagging) might get me room and use books in the back to level up? Where is the best place to get sorings? View attachment 634455
Nice looking rig and welcome,

Adding additional blocks in the back may be overkill and is also a tad bit dangerous. The front I would go with adding an extra leaf to a new leaf pack this will insure you get good clearance. Then do the same for the rear so it levels out. But since you are going to probably go new you may just want to go with the 2 in lift. Skyjacker and rough country sell the springs. You get what you pay for. The skyjackers are more expensive but ride nicer, rough country are cheaper and ride rougher per my research on this and other forums.

Neil

Reactions: HOBO

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a 2" lift put on my '76 W100 back in 1977, which consisted of a add a leaf in front an additional 2" block in back .I've never had any trouble with it, but have read it is not ideal. Don't remember it being dangerous but axle wrap is a concern? After 44 years the front is sagging now and I'll have to deal with that. But the 33x12.5 fit fine back when new

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Are the wheel openings different on a 80 back vs 81-93?
No, other than minor styling changes to the exterior sheet metal the rest of the truck is pretty much unchanged '72-93, so much so that crew cabs never got a updated rear door skin, they all use the 1972 model door.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
704 Posts
Welcome! And sweet Ride!

I made a post about this for D-series trucks. it will also apply to the W-Series of trucks as well. Just note the BOM "Bill of Material" will be different since you run a front solid axle "Just like the back of your truck".

Link to my recent post: D - Series Platform : RWD Ramcharger 2 Inch Suspension...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts