Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first question.
I guess you could say I am Mopar illiterate so take it easy on me.

I just got hold of a 74 TD 3spd that was powered by a 318. The 318 was in dire need of a rebuild. I have decided to swap in a 360 from an 84 w/auto. The 360 is somplete so I won't have to worry about accessories and I should be able to handle any wiring. I have yet to pick the 360 up so I haven't gotten the chance to look at it yet. What am I wanting to know is: Can I reuse the 318 engine mounts? What other problems may I run into?

later
jeremy

G

·
The driver side mounts are different, passenger side are the same. The 360 is externally balanced, so you'll need a 360-specific flywheel or torque converter, as the case may be. If you're gonna use the stick shift, check the crank where the tranny input shaft fits. Usually, if the engine was OEM with an automatic, it wasn't drilled and bushed for sticks. It must be bushed or the shaft will seize in short order.

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Yessir, the lack of a pilot bushing for the trans input shaft could be a real "problem"...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.