Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
i would try to tighten down all bolts and look for any holes in the pipes etc.. could be just a leak or you are running to rich
ken

·
Registered
537 Posts
Could be lots of things. Check the easy/cheap first. Any plug wires arcing to an exhaust pipe or header? Check at night in a dark area and look for blue lightning in the engine bay.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Could be lots of things. Check the easy/cheap first. Any plug wires arcing to an exhaust pipe or header? Check at night in a dark area and look for blue lightning in the engine bay.

·
Registered
240 Posts
ya this same popping in the exhaust is happened to my 360 i just got. my cousin thinks its back firing and behind the pipes on the ground is a big puddle of black crap! the exhaust coming out of one tube increases so much it actually blows ur hand away from it when it pops. He told me to replace the spark plugs, then if that doesnt work go to the wires then finally the rotor. I have just replaced the gaskets from the headers to the block, my cousin also said that the header has a small leak but shouldnt be making that much noise! what do u guys have to say about all this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts