·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the othe problems i am fighting on this due to
some past custom work!

75 r/c with a 318 going from a 2bbl
to a edelbrock performer 4 bbl manifold

what has to be done to the throttle cable bracket to move the cable to the outboard edge of the carb so it will line up with the linkage?

what carb do you recomend for a 318
i am running a performer manifold
and a comp cams xe256h
p/n 20-221-3

and stock 1968 318 heads
except hardened valve seats
and slightly larger valve 1.880/1.6

thanks for your help
bob

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
318...600 -625 cfm

To make it work, you NEED a 4 bbl throttle linkage & trans kickdown bracket. No way around it unless you are gonna make one from scratch.

G

·
The AFB or AVS Thunder Series from Edelbrock in a 650 cfm would be great. They offer off-road versions as well. Great cam choice. Oh, and you'll need the throttle lever adapter with those carbs...Edelbrock part number 1481.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
I think the AFB only comes in 625, and it can be gotten with the linkage already made for a dodge...I even got one for sale.......want it ??? check the classifieds

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i run a carter AFB 625 on my 71 dart..... the only thing that was needed to be changed was about an inch ADDED to the kickdown linkage... it already had the chrysler throttle assm. and works great.... i'd send a pic but the car is currently in the shop which i have no access to right this moment...... as soon as i get it back ai could post a pic of it.... hope this helps...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea pic would be nice
i got the carb and manifold form a wrecking yard
i have the linkage parts but the throttle cable bracket/kick down that mounts on the manifold in stock formation does not let
the throttle cable end up where i want it

yea if i ever get it running i hope i will like that cam
did a lot of research desk top dyno and phone calls
and that is what i ended up with

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have done this several times, and I never had the correct parts. I make an extension for the throttle cable mounting bracket, and one for the tranny kickdown. Edelbrock even sells the tranny kickdown extension.

G

·
TheRamChargerMan said:
I think the AFB only comes in 625, and it can be gotten with the linkage already made for a dodge...I even got one for sale.......want it ??? check the classifieds
Edelbrock's Performer AFB is a 650.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
as soon as it gets back from the shop i'll pop a pic into my other toys pic folder.... its not pretty but works like a charm.... my 68 on the other hand had a nut and bolt put into the slide to get it working right.... its been like that for years and i have not had a problem with it.... who knows i'll put both in.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts