Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thought I would ask the experts on this one.

I have a 2wd 84 ramcharger that I have done plenty of work to.  Now I have acquired a 4wd dodge pickup that the body is comlpetely shot, but all the 4x4 components are working and in good shape.

How difficult is it to transfer the 4wd drivetrain over to my ramcharger, obviously the rear driveshaft will not fit but my concern is the front suspension swap.

Has anyone done it?  I do have a shop with all the tools etc, just curious if it's worth looking into.

Thanks,
Dave in Fargo, ND

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Howdy,

this has been covered before I am almost sure of it.  Try a search on the site.

Off the top of my head, I would say it would be much easier to swap your current truck body over to the 4x4 rather than try to convert your 2wd frame to handle a 4x4 drive train.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
v737d said:
Howdy,

Off the top of my head, I would say it would be much easier to swap your current truck body over to the 4x4 rather than try to convert your 2wd frame to handle a 4x4 drive train.

Cheers

Chris
I'd love to do that, but it's a long box truck. It's a bit too long to set my ramcharger body onto it.
I'd find an RC chassis but the truck drivetrain has been gone through and all works well, buying a clunker RC means redoing a lot of that.

Just an option, been doing a little searching on this site on the people that have done it.
I would have the entire truck to disassemble in the process, so most the parts would just move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts