Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pulled a code 51, when you give it gas it feels like it's boggin down or sluggish. noticed a real bad gas smell out of exhaust. held hand about an inch from exhaust pipe and getting like charcoal particles on my hand. also, if i drive with the OD off when i come to a stop it smells like rotten eggs.

Any ideas on what is causing this or some things i might check?
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Catalytic Converter going South

-SM

·
7,995 Posts
51** O2 signal below center Oxygen sensor signal indicates lean fuel/air ratio condition during engine operation.

or

Adaptive memory at rich limit Added adaptive memory at rich limit.

I would look for fuel problems(pressure/injectors)...Ignition and whats the condition of the O2 sensor itself? How many miles on the engine? Has the coolant temperature sensor ever been replaced?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exhaust system is about two years old from manifold back. replaced the 02 sensor about 1 yr ago. the coolant temp sensor was also changed at this time.
i am thinking fuel or injectors problems myself. where can i get some quality ijectors and what is the price range?
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
If you can, take the cat off and look in it. Rotton Egg smell is a classic sign of the cat becoming plugged up, unless the government has you using oxygenated fuels where you live for emmissions purposes. If you are getting excessive backpressure from a plugged/plugging cat, the O2 sensor readings will be way off.

-SM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also smoetimes leaky injectors will cause hard starting,poor warm up conditions which I dont think you are having?Sounds like a cat needs to be neutered (spelling) to me as well.

Mike.

·
7,995 Posts
Try removng the catalytic converter and install a temporary straight through "test" pipe and see what happens before getting injectors. Should be able to have one made at a local muffler shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts