Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure as to what the trans is, but im having problems similar to kthaxton had, truck is 2500 ram 8.0L v-10 4x4 70r/60f 4.10gears, but i will be driving, and it feels to me like it isn't shifitng into thrid gear all the time, i can be cruising, and goto accelerate and it feels like im in neutral, rev it up, and then it shifts into gear, so i dont know how to do the engine code thingy, i know the self diagnosis is somehting to do with turing it on and off and what not, so all help is appreciated and any ideas ass to what it might be, it didnt do it on the test drive, or on the way home, so i have no clue, i've had the truck a week, and it's not what i wanna be having happen to me. so if someone could post up how to get the codes, it'd help a great deal
-zach

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Sounds like your front clutches are going out. When it revs up and you let off the gas does it shift then into 3rd? If so that is your front clutches. Time for a rebuild or maybe you can limp it along for a few thousand more with a fluid change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts