Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a 205 and got a great deal as well. a 205 and a 203 for 150bucks for the pair. Got everything home and realized I didn't have the adapter sleeve that goes between the transmission and tcase. ive been all over the internet and all I can find is 27 and 29 spline. This is the automatic version going on an automatic so I need 23 spline. Anyone know who sells them or have one theyd want to sell?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elwenil said:
Warning, you aren't going to like it...

http://www.quad4x4.com/catalog/qu10855/
you weren't kidding about not liking it. I like the 29 spline ones on ebay for 35. Why doesnt someone make a 23 spline like that? im sure theres a market for them. As usual I have to do things the hard way. maybe someone will have one from a broken tcase theyd sell for a few bucks. Are there couplers that belong to other things that are the same thing?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
As far as I know, the only 23 spline to 23 spline coupler was made specifically for the Dodge NP205 and isn't used anywhere else.  I don't know if anyone would give one up for a few bucks, I know to me the transfer case is useless without the coupler, so I consider it to be just as valuable.  Any chance of contacting the guy you got the NP205 from and seeing if he has the coupler?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hes not taking my calls or responding to text messages. which kinda has me worried about the condition of the tcase. but then it took forever for him to respond and several calls from my side just to set up a time to buy the thing. I was thinking maybe someone had busted a 205 somehow or got a transmission that had one still in it and would sell it. the 435s are different splines right?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Just about all Mopar transmissions are 23 spline output.  About the only exception are the 29 spline manual transmissions behind the Cummins, V10 and I think some of the later heavy duty automatics have the 29 spline output.  But the coupler only came with the NP205, which is still somewhat scarce considering there are more Dodge kingpin D60 front axles than there are NP205s, and you probably already know how hard it can be to find a D60 these days.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that opens up option if I can go gas manual to maybe get it or just get another case and sell this one. Yeah I've been looking over a year now trying to find d 60 front for dodge that they didmt want thousands for. Everytime I find something the person selling falls of the face of the planet and quits responding. I had a w350 1990 found he wanted 700 for the whole thing. Motor was supposedly junk but it had d70 rear d 60 front and 205. Had it all set up to pick it up and he stopped taking my calls or texts or anything then text me a few weeks later and said it sold. People amaze me

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
This may be your lucky day. I am in PA for my father in law's funeral. I have a couple in storage and I will look tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Glad I bought a few from Mopar. I did not pay that price that was in the link.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Did you get the coupler and yoke?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to everyone for their help especially 4x4 440 for sending the parts out to me. This is why I love this forum

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Someone posted about the couplers. I have 1 or 2 left but an hoarding them. Googled it and looks like Advanced Adapters is making them. Available September 2019.

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a much better price than what I was finding when I was looking. I'm amazed it took this long for a company to start making them as popular as the 205 is

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Several companies have made them over the years, but they usually want an arm and a leg for them and when they sell out, they don't make anymore of them.  Seems like one of those things that you think would sell well and then doesn't.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was at the scrap yard a few weeks ago , a guy pulled in with a truck load of junk . I’m lookin in and there is a 435 and 205 bolted together . I have no use for the 435 anymore . I offered him 200.00 the case and adapter and 23 spline coupling . Only if he unbolted them and loaded them in my truck . Needless to say I got a spare 205 , adapter , coupling for $200.00 . It was a gift I suppose .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.