Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to have the specifications of the accelerator pump travel for a 2210/2245 carb? My truck runs really well except for a really bad off idle hesitation. I'm pretty sure the accelerator pump either needs some adjustment, or needs to be replaced with a larger one. I purchased a rebuilt carburetor at the beginning of this past spring, and now that winter is here, the hesitation has gotten pretty bad when the engine is warming up. It is drivable, but annoying. I realize that many people will say that this is "just the way it is" with Dodges, but I'm gonna try everything I can to alleviate this hesitation.

I looked through a Holley carb book, but they didn't have any specs on the accelerator pump. They only said to check the specs that come with a rebuild kit.

As a last resort, I may pick up a rebuilt kit just to look at the specs.

Thanks,
Jake

PS - the truck is a '78 W150 Adventurer with a 400 and a 727 auto.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot! I'll be heading out today to fiddle with the adjustment.

I'll let everybody know the results.

Jake

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that seemed to solve the problem. I have absolutely no hesitation once the engine is warmed up. I do have a small amount of hesitation when the engine is still pretty cold, but it is very driveable.

Thanks Chump,

Jake

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but it holds the answer to my problem as well . . . .

can either of you PLEASE reveal the adjustment proceedure?

·
Registered
29,666 Posts
LisaRCT said:
I know this is an old thread, but it holds the answer to my problem as well . . . .

can either of you PLEASE reveal the adjustment proceedure?
howdy and welcome / neither of the members above have been active for over a year so l,d say there gone / l,ll try and get you that info

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, and thanks for the welcome  :)

I figured that it was likely they were gone due to the age of the post, but ya gotta be glad to find even that much sometimes.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you are able to locate and provide that info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.