Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I have 205 questions to ask,not really :p

But I would like to know if a NP205(mated) would fit and bolt up in a Dodge truck. Got 203 t-case right now and thinking possibly of going part time and would like to have the 205 t-case to have gears instead of a chain and part-time. But would the 205 out of a 73 Chevy truck bolt up to a 727 and bolt up the the crossmembers and all? Also would it bolt up to a NP435 4-spd,might be swappin in a 4-spd later on. Thanks for any help

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Simple answer No

·
Registered
39 Posts
chev used at least 3 different input spline counts on 4 different input gears on the 205
10 spline male from the 4 speed version
27 spline female from the t350 version
32spline short from the t400 version
32 spline long from the late 4 speed and auto trucks

the input gears for the 205 swap from ford to chev to dodge without to much trouble, you may have to machine the input bearing bore larger
the cummins turbo diesel 205s use the old style fig8 chev case
if my webshots album is up I can link you to an interesting 4x4power article
http://community.webshots.com/album/13852561QnRQRdZuCQ

·
Registered
364 Posts
mj, I have 93 ctd apart right now, the 205 in it is the regular round six bolt pattern just like the 207 208 yada yada. Input shaft is huge though, something like 1 1/4 or 1 3/8".

·
Registered
39 Posts
http://community.webshots.com/photo/13852561/13852699JNciBtNOIT

I am certainly not going to call BS as I am just a Ford guy that has a chev truck with dodge axles under it
the above link takes you to the section specifically mentioning the unique 29 spline CTD input shaft and states it uses the fig 8 chev styled 205 case with an adapter to 6 bolt, 2 different caption pictures

as that is just a magasine I scanned and you claim to have the parts in hand I tend to believe you over the ragasine :)

do you have any way of getting images online or emailed to me just to satisfy my curiousity?

·
Registered
39 Posts
do you have a picture of the transfer case bolt pattern?
I cannot tell if you just showed me the adapter but it looks to me like the transfer case does use the chevy figure 8 pattern

·
Registered
364 Posts
The second picture is the transfer case, the smaller square flange to the right is the front drive shaft yoke mount and on the left part the studs in the bolt pattern for the transmission adapter is looking right at you, if that's a figure eight pattern I'll kiss your a*# ! I will post a pic of one of those (chevy 205) tomorrow also. I saw in print in one of the recent 4x4 mags, in a tech article no less, that the 91 92 and 93 dodge ctd trucks used the nv 4500, this is bull, they used the getrags until the body change in 94. There is a lot of misinformation out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do not swing that way but if you have a look you will see that the adapter you are looking at unbolts from the fig8 case
I can see the lower 3 bolts of the fig8 pattern in your images

·
Registered
364 Posts
NOW I see what you are talking about, the actual 205 case itself, not the extension(adapter) that bolts to the tranny extension(adapter). Here is pic of chevy 205 with that part unbolted and laying on top of the case.
http://www.pbase.com/image/26337508

1 - 13 of 13 Posts