Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my tcase was making a lound clunking sound when i was hard on the gas, a repeated sound,Ie (clunck,cluck.clunk.clunk) at a time, now i have the old thing out and was wondering what i would have to do to rebuild this one and how much it would cost or if it is cheaper and easier to find one in a junk yard and keep mine. please oh please give me your .02, ohh yes and i need to find an adjustment rod for my clutch mine is bent to hell and not working properly.

·
Registered
619 Posts
sometimes the front output gear goes south and starts to deteriorate, when this happens on the full times units, the chain will slip, causing that loud clunking sound you describe. a rebuild should be around 300-400 bucks (?). the biggest charge for the whole thing is dropping the t-case, but since you already did that, you saved yourself some money.

G

·
You can get a rebuild kit from Autozone for about $250. I think the part number is NP203G but you'd better have someone look it up. It'll be in the Pro King catalog. If you get a lazy counter person ler me know through the IM feature and I'll look it up again for you and then you can try again at your local store.

Chris

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a used/good working condition steel case 203 transfer case in the back yard with your name on it. I am at zip 85257 This came off of a Dodge truck. My '83 has a 208 and is in good condition and there is no need for this one. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sig, Emails that I send to you keep getting kicked back stating that there is no Yahoo account. Anyway, the 203 case weighs 260 according to my bathroom scale. It is cast iron with aluminum where the shafts exit. I need $100 in my pocket. You can check the UPS website from 85257 to your zip for a general cost estimate.

G

·
wycowboy said:
You can get a rebuild kit from Autozone for about $250. I think the part number is NP203G but you'd better have someone look it up. It'll be in the Pro King catalog. If you get a lazy counter person ler me know through the IM feature and I'll look it up again for you and then you can try again at your local store.

Chris
I rechecked the part number while at work. It isn't NP203G, its BK203G

Chris

·
Registered
537 Posts
Build date on the 203 is 5/76. The ratio is 2:1 according to the tag. It came out of a 76 Powerwagon step side with a Big Block.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the shipping cost was 319 bucks too much for what i am doing could rebuild cheaper sorry 440 but thanks for the offer, i am actually thinking of going ot a part time set up anyways axle 205 and go 3/4 ton if possible

·
Registered
537 Posts
No problem. Good luck with the upgrade.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey thanks guys for all the help, the only problem with ebay is that you have to pay shipping and a 260 lbs tcase in most cases is going to run me at least 300.00 to ship, so i am going to look for another option, but thanks for all your help and if you have any other suggestions let me know i will continue to check the board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts