Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Dodge 1973 W200
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I usually don't join forums, because you can read the wealth of information they contain without joining. Well, I have read the information but still have questions.

I have a '73 Power Wagon with a 4spd, which means it has the np435 with a divorced np205 (being that it's a divorced t-case means the tail end of the 435 is the 2wd version. A square). My cousin has given me his np203 off of a 727 out of his '76 PW. I want to make a 203/205 doubler. I can find the kits to do it, but can't find an adapter that would allow me to bolt the 203 to the 435. Also I don't know if the output shaft would be long enough let alone if they would mesh.
Any advice is welcomed or adapters.
Thank you in advance.
Dodgercodger73

· Registered
Dodge 1973 W200
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing I forgot to mention. I know that adapters for a 435 to a 203 exist just by reading this forum. Just can't find any.

· Administrator
31,900 Posts
Yes, sometimes you just have to ask.

The quick answer is no. There is basically 3 different versions of the Dodge version of the NP435. 2wd, 4wd for a 203, and 4wd for a 208/241/205. They all have different length output shafts, and different tail sections/4wd adapters. To change one from one version to another, involves disassembling the whole trans, and swapping the tail shaft, which is also the main shaft, as it holds all the gears, and meets up inside with the input shaft.

The cheapest and simplest way is to get a 203 version of the 435. Sorry, I know it is not the answer you are wanting.

Welcome, hope you stick around.

· Registered
513 Posts
Man , I tossed two of these trans and adapters years ago , I was looking for a 435 to hold the 205 on the rear of it . Someone one here should be able to hook you up with the correct stuff to help you out .

· Registered
Dodge 1973 W200
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help. I am guessing that they are (the 435/203) not very common. Being I've only heard of them. What years did they come in? And are they worth more?

· Registered
2,954 Posts
A believe '75-80 is the range.... 203 is only tcase for those years. Even 1tons and/or bigblocks.

Reactions: neil4224

· Registered
3,012 Posts
I think 75 thru 79. There are also medium duty versions of the 435, but that would just muddy the waters.

I owned a 79 W200 club cab with the 435/203. I wish I still had it.

Bucky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.