Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always dreamed of the day I'd invest in a new truck. Though after 3 kids and all the crazy that life has to offer, I felt I'd be better off buying the wife a 2012 Durango (love it) to replace her 05 stratus, (my new work car) to replace my old work car, 97 stratus.
Before all that I drove a 62 dodge m100 ref cab long box with a leaning tower of power with a 3 on the tree.
During the fuel crisis, replaced the old girl with a 99 short box reg cab ran with a 318.
Upon going to road construction I got an 03 Hemi in black and chrome.

Where I wanted a new project truck after fixing up the Hemi, I bought this 82 w150.

And then this happened... the 2020 gladiator.
https://www.jeep.com/gladiator.html
Everything I thought was cool with a stick wrangler, with a box. Optional factory lockers, removable doors and top, what's not to love?
It's the next best thing to a Chrysler product, but "specialized" in off-road specific application.

So what do you think? In the world of new trucks, would this be something comparable to a new ram?
When are they going to make a new 2 door RC similar in the way fords bringing back the bronco?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I like it. Although, it’s gonna be expensive. Especially, a Rubicon. A lot of people in the FSJ and Jeep communities were not happy that a perfectly good old Jeep Gladiator truck was crushed for the commercial. But, FCA responded that the actual truck was a real junkyard beater.
The Jeep folks also believe that FCA should have named it Scrambler and leave Gladiator for a future full size Jeep truck. Which, I don’t foresee that happening in my lifetime.
All in all, I wouldn’t mind having one. But, for now, a tad bit expensive for my wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
I don't have a man-bun or a neck-beard so I don't think I am their target audience.  ;D

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I wonder if it has a fob or an actual key.

My wife loves the look of it. Maybe her next husband can get her one.

Bucky

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elwenil said:
I don't have a man-bun or a neck-beard so I don't think I am their target audience. ;D
I actually know a dude with a neck beard that drives a rubicon lolololol

I'm really curious how many of these would be floating around. I live in the Chrysler side of town, there's at least 7 old rams within 4 blocks, and one dude with a gto judge and a duster.
My other neighbors are mostly jeeps and a couple Durango's.
Prolly what coaxed my to finally buy a w150 because I couldn't find an RC.

·
Registered
799 Posts
The concept Gladiator was so much better looking.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PowerWagonPete said:
"Do I have to wear a dress to drive this truck?"

-Hank Hill ;D
No, but you do have to lay on the horn every time you merge, and let all your friends know when you drove it down a section line "wheelin'"

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ive always wanted an old J10 pickup, because the name is so cool.Would you rather have a silverado or a MFing GLADIATOR?

·
Registered
22,575 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Powerwagon and ramcharger dont sound that impressive compared to a gladiator "noun
(in ancient Rome) a man trained to fight with weapons against other men or wild animals in an arena."

power wagon sounds like they simply added the word "power" to it,I'll get some flack here but I believe anytime they add a adjective to the name to imply that trait usually means it doesn't have that attribute. IE POWERstroke,DURAmax,ECOboost,DURAtec,etc.

ramcharger is a made up word combining ram and charger IE a bighorn sheep+ a cavalry horse.

Dont get me wrong I love dodges, but the J10 gladiator has a much cooler name.

These days almost any word/phrase could be "bad" depending on your frame of reference.IE Ram could have sexual connotations,and I wont ask about you and the silverado gay bar...

·
Registered
799 Posts
I want the gladiator used in the first "Tremors" movie.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PowerChoke, DuraJunk, EcoLose, etc etc etc...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Saw one up close , gladiator = looks like shit. Thats just my opinion though!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jeffy45 said:
Saw one up close , gladiator = looks like shit. Thats just my opinion though!
That bad huh? Haven't got to see one up close yet, just curious if it's a glorified tin can, or pretty rugged built like the wranglers.
It would suck as Jeep has the right recipe for quality in the old days, hate to see them make such a hard turn when they come out with something with possibilities like the scout/gladiator.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
must be the Target Market , everythings gotta have 4 doors today , how/where do I cry age discrimination ? , (I'm unfamiliar with those kinds of procedures ) My need for kids doors ended 30 years ago ....  um seen them bun things , but , whats a neck beard? one of them tats on yer throat ?  ??? ??? ( me a mushroom ? what kin I tell ya , kept in the dark ,  fed bullshit , ya know......same as "don't tell yer Dad" ...  )

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Neck beard:

Stolen from the movie "The Burbs" with Tom Hanks. ;D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
            I don't know how rugged is it is, just doesn't look right 4 doors and all.  To boxie ,square      they got all these sharp jagged lines on these vehicles nowadays . I like rounded, smooth ,sexy flowing. You know what I mean?          Right , where's the Comanche ? At least we're going to have a Hellcat Ram Rebel in 2020  . 69 of them one being a demon. I'm sure it will be one expensive pickup                                                     
        " Get out of my yard lame-o"        (the burbs)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
        This is what my once new truck looks like 18 years later. But it's worked a hard life ,always overloaded always covered in salt. Now it's just a big wheelbarrow

Attachments

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.