Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...well, if Mother Mopar had made one we'd have it instead, but since they didn't here is our 2011 Chevy Suburban 2500. It's got the HD version of everything including the Vortec 6.0l engine, 6L90 6-speed HD auto trans, ?? t-case, 14b rear axle, and has an 8600 lb GVWR and a trailer towing capacity of 9400 lbs - pretty decent for an 'SUV'.

We got it because we wanted more room for our expanding family than our 2012 Subaru Outback could provide. We wanted the 3/4-ton version because it can haul the whole family and gear and a pretty decent sized camper trailer {cool}.

One odd thing is the engine seems to have an erratic 'flutter' at idle in gear - like there's a very light and not constant load or 'demand' on the engine - like the A/C is trying to come on/off/on/off. The truck has 162k miles on the clock so it's certainly not new, but all reports indicate it has a lot of life left in it. I think the flutter is likely being caused by old plugs so we're looking to have plugs/wires replaced asap.

Anyway we really like it and love the room inside. Runs and drives great, has an integrated brake controller in the dash - lots of nice perks. Hope it will last us several years.

working on photos but photobucket is being a pain this morning...

- Sam

·
Registered
52,879 Posts

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
For being such a smart guy... his decisions leave me a little suspect. ;D
I agree. ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stftruck said:
{gloating} He said "Hope it will last us several years." When do you keep any vehicle that long? LOL
true... - we can't get much bigger, so maybe (hopefully?) this will be our family trickster for a while :)

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
Mad Max said:
true... - we can't get much bigger, so maybe (hopefully?) this will be our family trickster for a while :)
So when does the Cummins get dropped in? :p

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha haa - yah I wish!  ...uuhhmmm, no.  ;)

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
Mad Max said:
ha haa - yah I wish! ...uuhhmmm, no. ;)
Just pull the body off and put it on the crew cab frame you built. :p

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...heyyyyy… {think}…..    - uhhmm...no.  {no}  ;D

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
Mad Max said:
...heyyyyy… {think}….. - uhhmm...no. {no} ;D
{gloating}

stftruck said:
Today's answer... but the seed has now been planted {popcorn} {popcorn} {popcorn}
Yep we will see a cummins powered burban in the near future. :p

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mopar65pa said:
{gloating}

Yep we will see a cummins powered burban in the near future. :p
;D sorry guys - there is literally zero chance of that - we're just hoping the driveline is as reliable as everything I've seen/heard says it is :)

·
Administrator
62,311 Posts
A crewcab frame, is the right wheel base for adding two more doors. That would be two doors for the adults, two for the kiddos, and one for each dog.  ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
SuperBurban said:
A crewcab frame, is the right wheel base for adding two more doors. That would be two doors for the adults, two for the kiddos, and one for each dog. ;)
{gloating}

And I though I was prodding him. ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
I don't think that's necessary. ;D
...usually not ;D - about the only thing I ever want to do to this rig is put gas in it and maintain things {cool}

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
KurtfromLaQuinta said:
I don't think that's necessary. ;D
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Mad Max said:
...usually not ;D - about the only thing I ever want to do to this rig is put gas in it and maintain things {cool}
I know that felling Sam. ;D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.