Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after putting 20k miles on my built 4 door jeep last year... all on the highway, I decided it was time to get something a little more practical for what I was needing. I've never had a car...ever, and I'm almost 41 years old.  Guess dodge trucks have always been my thing.  Anyways after thinking about camrys and kias for a few seconds,  I said screw that.  I want a challenger and it has to be under $12k. So i was willing to have high miles,  rebuilt title or a little banged up but that's my only shot of actually keeping it longer than a day before the regret set in.
Thank you autotrader...
A 2009 popped up on trader one morning at 7am for 8500 by a private seller.  Clean title,  69k on the clock,  dual exhaust,  cai, 20" wheels with brand new goodyears, weathertechs, 3.5 v6, sunroof, and about 3 hours away. I always said the key to getting a good deal is being willing to be disappointed and to be able to react fast.  So I told my wife it was road trip time for me and a buddy. Showed up and although the area looked a little sketchy the owner had a nice little place and this car tucked in the back of a 3 car garage with only one door.  Needless to say he only drove it about 2k a year since he got it and not in the rain or snow.  Didn't even negotiate,  payed what he asked and I am so happy with my first car!!! I know it's not a hemi but the little 3.5 still puts a smile on my face. My kids love it and I can't get my wife out of the driver seat!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any upgrades you guys recommend? Gonna get a front spoiler when I find one I like.  Maybe shifter knob.  Tint the windows.  What else do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
nice! {cool}.  As far as upgrades tho - there really isn't much I'd do except cosmetically etc like you've mentioned - jus' drive it and enjoy :)

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohio requires a front plate but that law is changing soon!!!

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
mttaff said:
Ohio requires a front plate but that law is changing soon!!!
Yeah. California won't change.
But they have one rebel who refuses to comply. ;D
I had a CHP tell me the other day "You know you need to put on a front plate."
My reply... "I know." ::)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Agreed don't change a thing. 

Oh the front license plate, what a debacle.  My understanding is they are going to raise the price of a "plate" to avoid buying two in Ohio?  Kinda counter intuitive if you ask me for the consumer. At least you have two to hang up on your wall if you got rid of a vehicle all together.  But the government wants their money some way some how. 

Love that your wife loves the new ride as much as you do.  Wish mine would love my truck(s) as much as I do.  :'(

Neil

·
Registered
799 Posts
Just make sure you change the oil religiously on that 3.5.  They are known for sludge to build up and I think the rocker shaft oil holes had problems shifting not getting enough oil up to the rockers.  I put around 140,000 miles on a 3.5 litre in a 2007 charger.

·
Registered
799 Posts
It was a fun engine at 250 hp 250 tq.  They made such a big deal about the new camaro 300 hp v6 which was alot newer?  The 3.5 started in 1993 and had a decent amount more hp than the 2004 4.0 ford they put in the mustang. 

·
Registered
52,873 Posts
nice ride! I'd love to have one but it's not economical as I'n in construction and need to haul tools. I could see my wife in one though for the summer.  ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.