Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixing up my 2001 Durango trying to get it ready for enhanced inspection after a totaled deer hit to the passenger side. Can't seem to get the passenger side low beam to light up no matter what. High beams are fine on both sides. Low beam lights just fine on driver's side (the side that didn't take damage).

Did the obvious things like swapping driver and passenger headlight bulbs and trying a new bulb etc. Also Tried tiling steering wheel to check for short. Any leads on what I might be able to check wiring-wise without having to tear the whole thing apart just to get at a wire or harness? Just hoping to know where I need to target in order to get the low beam on again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
lets see what l can find for you , back in a minute

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really appreciate you taking the time to post this. Now I just need to figure out how to work on the electrical system of a car. I am an amateur at all this learning as I go. :)

But this is certainly further than I was when I woke up today. The question will be how difficult it is to get to this ground wire to determine where it needs to be spliced or replaced. And how much I need to take out to get there. It’s pretty crowded under the hood. Thanks again really appreciate this.

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
pay attention for a second , you just need a 'simple' test light to fix this , check for POWER on the [ purple and purple/red wires ] from fuses B and C / if you have both them test for GROUND on the switch from 1 - 2 and 3 / which is low - high and flash

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
it's all in the diagram above

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on, you’re awesome. I’m a rookie so I need to learn up on my wire testing with a multimeter but you’ve got me some great info here. Assume I need to remove the headlight and attach a probe to the holes in the plug to test.

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
Right on, you’re awesome. I’m a rookie so I need to learn up on my wire testing with a multimeter but you’ve got me some great info here. Assume I need to remove the headlight and attach a probe to the holes in the plug to test.

yes right at the headlight plug , you need to trace the wires back to either the power [ fuses or wiring] or the ground [high beam switch - headlight switch or wiring ] [ which ever is missing ] before you even "think" about the BCM -body control module

You may want to check out the body control module, could be just a connector needing cleaning( or a new module).
the BCM does not show in ANY of my diagrams for frontend lighting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts