Dodge RamCharger Central banner
241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
29,446 Posts
tv_larsen said:
I think this is a result of the all those reckless UTV's that have started clogging the trails in recent years. {ignore}
:p

....and all the damn Hummer tours that go in part way then come back out. I've never seen so much two-way traffic near the beggining like I've seen in the last couple of years. I'm glad they made the entry fin one-way.

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
New shoes, 37x12.50x17 BFG KM3's.  I also repainted the H2 wheels a metallic dark grey.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
I built a new tie rod using an offset tierod kit from Ruff Stuff.  It is 1.5" x .25" DOM tubing, and I had to ream the knuckles for the larger TRE's.

I also installed hydro assist.  It's a West Texas Offroad 1.5" ******* Ram.  They also ported the Scout II steering box.

Finally, I found a decent spot for a fire extinguisher in the cramped Dakota interior.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
{cool}

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
I spent a few days last week wheeling in Moab.  We did Metal Masher, Behind the Rocks, and some other local trails about 40 miles south of Moab.  I took very few pictures. 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
...man I can't wait to get back there...

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
When I originally put the dual transfercases and shifters in the Dakota I was unsure of the shift pattern, so I got blank shift knobs.  The NP231 transfercases were from different years (1996? and 2001) so the shift patterns were not the same, one shifter was forward for HI, and the other was rearward for HI.  It could be very confusing.  A few years ago I purchased and installed a different shift comb for one of the cases so that they matched.

It's a small thing, but I finally bought laser engraved knobs, and it makes a big difference.  {cool}

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
I love those kind of little upgrades and finishing touches - looks good {cool}

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Mad Max said:
I love those kind of little upgrades and finishing touches - looks good {cool}
Looks very good...Nice touch.

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Did a little wheeling in the San Juan mountains in Colorado earlier this week.  We planned to do Black Bear Pass, but due to the heavy snow fall from last winter they still have the dozers clearing that trail and it won't be open until next week.

Mineral creek and Poughkeepsie Gulch

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Imogene Pass

Attachments

·
3,753 Posts
KThaxton said:
Nice! We were in the San Juans about a month ago, not wheelin though...
I forget, what did you end up doing?

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
wow - the pic of that Toyota with its right rear tire over the edge sure looks scary - good thing you guys came along!

·
29,446 Posts
MA$TER BLING! said:
I forget, what did you end up doing?
We hiked a couple days in Mesa Verde, rode the Durango-Silverton train, mtn biked a couple times, went to Ridgeway, drove through Telluride (pulling our 5th wheel...so we went in, then back out!). Went to Ouray, ate, walked around, hiked to a waterfall. Touristy shit. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Mad Max said:
wow - the pic of that Toyota with its right rear tire over the edge sure looks scary - good thing you guys came along!
Actually both right side tires were over the edge. It was sketchy. The owner was real jittery, and convinced it was about to go over the edge. The Sheriff's office was sending some kind of tow rig, but the Daves hooked up the front, I pulled it backward but it just slid along the edge, then the Daves pulled it forward and up onto the trail.

KThaxton said:
We hiked a couple days in Mesa Verde, rode the Durango-Silverton train, mtn biked a couple times, went to Ridgeway, drove through Telluride (pulling our 5th wheel...so we went in, then back out!). Went to Ouray, ate, walked around, hiked to a waterfall. Touristy shit. ;)
{ignore} You people. {lol}

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
When I bought my Dakota the foam in the driver's side seat bottom was destroyed on the edge of the seat.  It looked ok, but was very uncomfortable, especially on long trail rides.  I have finally fixed it by installing a set of PRP Enduro Recliner seats.  I used some Corbeau seat brackets (for a Durango) and modified the PRP angle brackets to attach the seats.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
looks good {cool}

241 - 260 of 288 Posts