Dodge RamCharger Central banner

2000 Ramcharger on eBay!

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  lopaka311 
G
#1 ·
#4 ·
I could do with a pic of the passenger side just to show that it's not T-boned or something, lol.

#5 ·
One question...it needs ball joints, the driver's seat is shot, and those wheels suck.  Where does one find the parts to "fix" it?

On a side note...I like the Mexican RC's from about mid quarters forward, but that Caravan back end just plain kills it for me.  :(

#7 ·
atowinram said:
One question...it needs ball joints, the driver's seat is shot, and those wheels suck. Where does one find the parts to "fix" it?
Mexico, of course, lol. ;D Probably most of the stuff is the same as a 2WD Ram 1500 of the same year so it shouldn't be too hard to source parts.

#9 ·
Its a 2wd, that kills it for me. Gotta have a 4x4 in this country.

Chris

G
#11 ·
I want one. It'd look nice with a better set of wheels, lower it a bit, and get rid of the running boards.
4wd hasnt been a requirement in this country since they invented those things called roads. ;D

#12 ·
I would like to see some paper work on what was done to make it legal in the US. 

#13 ·
I agree with Dodge 85 RC,would like to know what was done to make it legal in US.
Other wise I like it as a 2x4 ******** so you don't offroad. ;D

#15 ·
88_mopar said:
I want one. It'd look nice with a better set of wheels, lower it a bit, and get rid of the running boards.
4wd hasnt been a requirement in this country since they invented those things called roads. ;D
ever been to colorado... the dirt roads are smoother than the paved roads also same on route 2 from nh-me

#16 ·
88_mopar said:
I take it that you live in a city somewhere? 4WD is still very much a requirement around here, especially in the winter, lol.

#17 ·
RedneckInTraining said:
so?Find a 2000 ram 1500 4x4 frame and throw it under there.
Why waste time with that? Just keep the truck and wheel it.

88_mopar said:
Maybe all the roads in Ohio are paved, they aren't here. Maybe they all get plowed too, not here. 4x4 is a NECESSITY in this country in the winter, not a luxury.

Chris

G
#18 ·
Elwenil said:
I take it that you live in a city somewhere? 4WD is still very much a requirement around here, especially in the winter, lol.
Suburbs/rural ;D I'll admit, 4wd is convenient, but if you have common sense and know how to drive, it really isnt necessary. Atleast around here. I know my truck is barely 1wd on a good day, so i know not to try and go places i know i cant go.

#19 ·
Yeh my 2wd Ramcharger made it through the Canadian winter and only got stuck once in some were that I just shouldnt have gone.Im in a small town and the majority of roads that get plowed are only major routes.

#20 ·
Lol, you guys obviously don't live in the mountains.  From my house I have to look up at least at a 45° angle to see the horizon in most directions.  There is no such thing as flat ground larger than a mile or so except downtown.  And we have it easy here since we normally do not get that much snow.  I bet the northern half of the US would shut down for weeks at a time if 4WD didn't exist.  2Wd and smart driving will only get you so far and then you need 4WD or better.

#21 ·
I have to use 4x4, in town, at least once a year to get around. If I want/need to go anywhere out of town in the winter I wouldn't go UNLESS I went in a 4x4. Anyone who does is a fool. Towns can be 50-60 miles apart and ranch houses 10-30 depending on area. So, if you get stuck you just might die. Plus, if I go deer/elk/antelope hunting I need it to get to some places I couldn't get to otherwise.

Chris

G
#22 ·
Yea Ohio is mostly flat where I live, and there isn't more than 10 miles between towns. I know 4wd has it's place but to say it's required in this country isn't correct, if it was, 2wd vehicles wouldn't exist. Personally I've never been in a situation where I needed 4wd.

#23 ·
4WD may not be needed in places like Florida and California if you stay on the highways but many places like around my town, it's very necessary to get anywhere in bad weather.  4WD may not be necessary everywhere but I'd say it's just as incorrect to say that it's not needed anymore because we have paved roads.  And no offense, but you are only 20, so you haven't been driving but for 4 or 5 years so there are probably a lot of things you haven't encountered yet, lol.

#25 ·
Paging Kendall to the 4 wheel drive isnt needed thread. Paging Kendall!!!!!

Hey Kendall, tell the inexperienced here amongst us how much snow you have in your driveway or yard right now and whether you would make it out some days if you didn't have 4wd.

I can guarantee I would not live where I do if I didn't own at least one 4wd vehicle. I have access to 3 of them by the way and even no worse than our winter was here this year I know of at least 5 times that 4wd was NEEDED in town. not nice to have, not i can make it with smart driving in 2wd, it was NEEDED if I wanted to make it anywhere.

Do not tell us it isnt needed in this country based on a handful of years of driving in flatlands Ohio.

Come back in 20 years or so after you have driven in every state in the lower 48 in all seasons of the year and see if you say the same thing

not meaning this reply to be mean or anything, seriously. I just can;t take your replies seriously based on your experience of likely just driving in Ohio. If I had never driven out of Kansas which is where I learned to drive, in the winter, I would likely have agreed with you.

eric

G
#26 ·
Ok, first off, my first post was mostly meant in jest. I know 4wd has it's place and some people need it where they live. And yes, I may not have as much driving experience as the rest of you. But to say it's required to even live in this country is asinine. If that were true most of the population would be nothing more than corpses on the side of the road, grasping the steering wheels of their 2wd vehicles that are apparently useless and impossible to drive. I'm just saying millions of people survive every year without 4wd so it's obviously not as required as it's made out to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.