Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
I could do with a pic of the passenger side just to show that it's not T-boned or something, lol.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
One question...it needs ball joints, the driver's seat is shot, and those wheels suck.  Where does one find the parts to "fix" it?

On a side note...I like the Mexican RC's from about mid quarters forward, but that Caravan back end just plain kills it for me.  :(

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Yeh...sorry...Those are just plain A$$ dumb.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
atowinram said:
One question...it needs ball joints, the driver's seat is shot, and those wheels suck. Where does one find the parts to "fix" it?
Mexico, of course, lol. ;D Probably most of the stuff is the same as a 2WD Ram 1500 of the same year so it shouldn't be too hard to source parts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Elwenil said:
Probably most of the stuff is the same as a 2WD Ram 1500 of the same year so it shouldn't be too hard to source parts.
Exactly. As the ad says, it's just a 2000 Ram 1500 Front end & chassis, so ball joints would be a simple find.

·
7,250 Posts
Its a 2wd, that kills it for me. Gotta have a 4x4 in this country.

Chris

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
wycowboy said:
Its a 2wd, that kills it for me. Gotta have a 4x4 in this country.

Chris
so?Find a 2000 ram 1500 4x4 frame and throw it under there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want one. It'd look nice with a better set of wheels, lower it a bit, and get rid of the running boards.
4wd hasnt been a requirement in this country since they invented those things called roads. ;D

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
I would like to see some paper work on what was done to make it legal in the US. 

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree with Dodge 85 RC,would like to know what was done to make it legal in US.
Other wise I like it as a 2x4 ******** so you don't offroad. ;D

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Dodge 85 RC said:
I would like to see some paper work on what was done to make it legal in the US.
Yep, me three. Especially in California.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
88_mopar said:
I want one. It'd look nice with a better set of wheels, lower it a bit, and get rid of the running boards.
4wd hasnt been a requirement in this country since they invented those things called roads. ;D
ever been to colorado... the dirt roads are smoother than the paved roads also same on route 2 from nh-me

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
88_mopar said:
I take it that you live in a city somewhere? 4WD is still very much a requirement around here, especially in the winter, lol.

·
7,250 Posts
RedneckInTraining said:
so?Find a 2000 ram 1500 4x4 frame and throw it under there.
Why waste time with that? Just keep the truck and wheel it.

88_mopar said:
Maybe all the roads in Ohio are paved, they aren't here. Maybe they all get plowed too, not here. 4x4 is a NECESSITY in this country in the winter, not a luxury.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Elwenil said:
I take it that you live in a city somewhere? 4WD is still very much a requirement around here, especially in the winter, lol.
Suburbs/rural ;D I'll admit, 4wd is convenient, but if you have common sense and know how to drive, it really isnt necessary. Atleast around here. I know my truck is barely 1wd on a good day, so i know not to try and go places i know i cant go.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Yeh my 2wd Ramcharger made it through the Canadian winter and only got stuck once in some were that I just shouldnt have gone.Im in a small town and the majority of roads that get plowed are only major routes.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Lol, you guys obviously don't live in the mountains.  From my house I have to look up at least at a 45° angle to see the horizon in most directions.  There is no such thing as flat ground larger than a mile or so except downtown.  And we have it easy here since we normally do not get that much snow.  I bet the northern half of the US would shut down for weeks at a time if 4WD didn't exist.  2Wd and smart driving will only get you so far and then you need 4WD or better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.