Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Super Moderator
Meh.

Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Top Hand edition is more rare than hens teeth

Super Moderator
There are trucks more rare than that, but at the end of the day, it's just another option and just another excuse for every asshole to boost the asking price of every Dodge truck out there by at least 5 times it's value.聽 Plus it's way too '70s and looks like whomever drives it wears ass-less chaps.聽 ;D

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol! What's wrong with the 70's? It was my favorite decade :). It's just cool to see because all of the old Dodge's have all but disappeared compared to Chevy's and Ford's which are everywhere around here. I'll pass an old Chevy or Ford two or three times a day but never an old Dodge for some reason.
And I can't argue with you about the prices either. It's true what you say but fortunately nobody knows much about these trucks still and doubt the average person who have these sitting in their back yards or old barns haven't got a clue BUT these trucks are slowly gaining traction in popularity and when it pops like the E bodies did 20 years ago, look out, then what you say will truly be a problem. I remember when E bodies were still cheap like A bodies and B bodies. I owned a few E bodies and it was no big deal buying them but then Barrett Jackson and Chip Foose happened and it was all over. Now E bodies are a million dollars and every Tom, Dick and Harry wants a million dollars for a ruted out piece of junk. Grrr

Registered
e body prices started hiking up in the mid 80s.聽 V code聽 and Hemi convert E bodies were up to 50k by1986 and then things got out of hand from there with the 7 figure cars, with a slight correction in the 90s.聽 I love these trucks but the $30000 1st gen cummins trucks on ebay are ridiculous.聽

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jerseybud said:
e body prices started hiking up in the mid 80s. V code and Hemi convert E bodies were up to 50k by1986 and then things got out of hand from there with the 7 figure cars, with a slight correction in the 90s. I love these trucks but the $30000 1st gen cummins trucks on ebay are ridiculous.
That's true. I should have been more specific, I meant regular 318 Barracuda's or Challengers or the odd 383 car. I had a '70 383 SE Challenger that I paid $2,000 CAD for back in '88. Same price i paid for my Road Runner. Today you couldn't buy a rotted out piece of junk 318 Barracuda for under $6,000 CAD. Back in the day the 440 or Hemi R/T Challenger and 'Cuda always fetched big money compared to the rest. Now everybody has become an opportunist. I don't mind big money for rare cars and trucks as that's how it's always been. I hate it when people ask the same money for a regular high production non-rare version of the same car. Some guy gets over a million dollars for an ultra rare 'Cuda and now suddenly everybody wants the same for their rotted out unrestored 318 car. Its nuts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.