Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has 2 cat converters!!! One small one just after the 2 pipes come together to form the Y-pipe. Then the regular larger cat converter just before the muffler. What is it??????

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had a small "pre cat" on mine but it was on the driver's side exhaust BEFORE the y-pipe came together.  Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Its called a Mini OX. its a mini oxidation cat, what it does is convert your emissions to oxygen in a small way when the engine is cold and helps till the cataylitc converter heats up, why Chrysler did this I have no idea, cause in a cold engine when test for smog there is no cold test. So other than being a major pain in the butt when having to go through the visual check when doing a smog test ( like in california ) is pretty much usless but is required, BUT if you dont have one on your truck (previous removed) you can go to a refferies station and get a waiver on it. BAR dosent know what it does, just that the book tells them it has to be there, again, but is no longer made or avalible, unless you find one in the junk yard, and most of them are removed in the junk yard, the law.
REB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts