Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in an 82 RC. anyone else have or heard of these?

maybe that 318 aint as gutless as i thought!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny. mine has a 2bbl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Tim in NB said:
My dad had a 81 D150 2wheel with this ratio. The truck came from the factory with a 318 four barrel also. Probably to help in out for power.
Help it out?!?!? Help it run out maybe.. would be great on the highway; but with that little gear.. you'd better start out with a good motor. Even I wouldn't want to go that far.. I'm running 35's with 3.23's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
intenseimages said:
willy J said:
funny. mine has a 2bbl
hey willy i got some 3.23's you might be intersted in

eric
thanks but im going to 4.56

just thought it was funny when i was cleaning off the crud an found the tags an they said 2.94.

if anythingi need a set of 3.54s or 3.7s for my wifes RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,136 Posts
my 80 trail duster sno commander has 2.94's from what i can tell from the rusty ass tag that was on the diff. i'm looking for some 3.55's for it though. my trail duster doesnt look like it ever had a equipment sticker on the underside of the hood,i wish it did though..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NOTABLAZER said:
my 80 trail duster sno commander has 2.94's from what i can tell from the rusty ass tag that was on the diff. i'm looking for some 3.55's for it though. my trail duster doesnt look like it ever had a equipment sticker on the underside of the hood,i wish it did though..
bummer your so far. i have a D44 with a 3.54 in my drive i wanna get rid of
 
G

·
willy J said:
in an 82 RC. anyone else have or heard of these?

maybe that 318 aint as gutless as i thought!
My 85 RC had that gear from the factory. Great highway mileage but no get up and go ::)
318 2 barrel A999 also
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A999? od? was it a 2x?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
I've got a set of factory, (Dodge OEM 3.54's), for a Dana 44-f and 9.25 with ring gear bolts and new carrier bearings I'll let go for $150.00 + shipping if you're interested. They're like new. Only removed them to run 37's with 4.56's. Prior I ran these gears with a 300 hp 318 and 35's. Ran fine. Let me know if you're interested.

Dave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Runin' With The Devil said:
I've got a set of factory, (Dodge OEM 3.54's), for a Dana 44-f and 9.25 with ring gear bolts and new carrier bearings I'll let go for $150.00 + shipping if you're interested. They're like new. Only removed them to run 37's with 4.56's. Prior I ran these gears with a 300 hp 318 and 35's. Ran fine. Let me know if you're interested.

Dave
i dont have any cash for parts for a while now. not with the engine work im doing. talk to notablazer he wants a set!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Notablazer
Runninwiththedevil

Check your IM's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,049 Posts
I have a 82 r/c that originally had the 2.94 gear... not good for takeoff even with a 440!! Then i chewed up 6 ring gear teeth whith a hard second shift.... so now i'm runnin a 3.21 gear... lots better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
Yeah, my 85 had stock 3.2, then it blew out the pinion bearing and chewed everything up.. A freind of my dad's had a good 9.25" out of an '80 RC which turned out to be a 2.94.. I put it in only because it cost me like $50 and I needed to drive to and from work, and I didn't have the money for a gear set and bearings. Sucked I couldn't wheel anymore with it, but at least I got better gas mileage.. ;D

Matt {peace}
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,862 Posts
MoparMurdoc said:
phoenix827 had them in his truck (w/ a 318). Then he put 32's on it and blew up the rear diff. lol
Close, but not quite! lol
It had the 32's when I got it, one rear blew when I didn't realize the pinion nut was loose. It fell off on the highway, threw the driveshaft and the pinion fell back into the rear, jammed, blew a few teeth then locked! (glad I dove for the shoulder when the shaft came out!) ::) lol
The NEXT rear apparently was used, (abused???) in a tuff truck. THAT one snapped a pinion pulling out of the parking lot at work one day.
The truck WILL off road, but you need lo-range a LOT! Highway milage was GREAT tho!!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top