Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone out there have the auto trans band adjustment specs for a 1994 Jeep Wrangler w/ 2.5L 4-cyl? Having a hard time finding them. The Jeep guys only care about lift kits and big tires. :p

Any help appreciated. Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
810 Posts
I thought that Chrysler stopped making the 904 in the 1980's. Is it a 3-speed automatic? The band adjustment specs can be found in a Haynes or Chiltons manual, and of course the factory service manual.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moparman440 said:
I thought that Chrysler stopped making the 904 in the 1980's. Is it a 3-speed automatic?
Funny you should mention that. I'm not 100% sure it's a 904, that's what a Jeep site said, and my parts guy referred to it as a 904 when I bought a filter. It is a 3-speed, if it's not a 904, it's a 904 variant like 999, but I think that 999 is supposed to have a lock-up torque converter, I think. I didn't notice any extra wiring on this one ( assuming that would be electric? ) though I haven't really gotten into it yet. It is sort of a bare bones set-up, 4 cyl., no options.

I've been trying to keep the costs down on this vehicle, but I guess I can pop for a $12 Haynes manual if I have to. :)

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
According to my ATSG manual, for both the A-904 and the A-999, the adjusments are:

Front: 2 1/2 turns, backed off from 72 inch-pounds
Rear: 4 turns, backed off from 72 inch-pounds

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. It's apparently a 30RH trans

FYI, I found a complete workshop manual online at autozone.com. Looks like Chilton's maybe. Pretty handy to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts