Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an argument with local warehouse about cataloging.
Does anyone here have a way to find out if any1993 Dodge truck or van V8 was available with TBI. USA issued 1993 V8? I am pretty sure all 5.2 and 5.9L were MPFI, wern't they?
I have some older ignition and filter catalogs that say I'm right.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
By 1993 they were all Magnum engines with MPFI.  The last TBI engine was the 360 in 1992.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
agreed , the 1993 360 has 8 fuel injectors , NOT 2 . 1993 was the FIRST year a 360 had 8 injectors . EFI NOT TBI
have them look up a 1994 360 ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that's right, 3 more manufacturers incl. Felpro told me that was bunk this morning also.

1. Chrysler's database is incorrect on both the EGR air tube and all gakets related, as well as the
pickup-coil/camshaft sensor.

2. Triad's database copied Chrysler apparently also. So most parts warehouses will also send you the wrong parts.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Funny thing, the Mopar Parts manual does not actually list a Magnum throttle body in the '90-'93 manual.  It lists the TBI and MPFI trucks separate, but if you look at the part numbers, it lists the same throttle body part number for a 360 on both the LA TBI and Magnum listings.  I'd probably eat my hat if someone could show me a '93 Magnum 360 with MPFI and a TBI throttle body complete with 10 injectors, lol.  And yes, the '93 360 is listed as a Magnum, with the Magnum heads and valve train as expected.  It wasn't unusual to find errors in the manuals back when they were new, but usually they were corrected years ago.  My PDF versions are supposed to be all of the latest versions but still have the error.

·
Administrator
62,304 Posts
Is it possible the engine did not change exactly when the model year changed? That could explain why Mopar has not changed the parts manuals, they could be right.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SuperBurban said:
Is it possible the engine did not change exactly when the model year changed? That could explain why Mopar has not changed the parts manuals, they could be right.
No, only in Mexico and these are supposed to be USA listings only. You will find that they also errantly listed 5.2L along with "3.9L" engines instead of 5.9L on many electronic parts and never corrected the error.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
SuperBurban said:
While I haven't seen a ton of '93 360 models, the ones that I have seen have all been Magnum engines. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few pre-production models sneak out with the TBI engine if they were not 100% ready for the changeover, but considering the 318 and 3.9L already swapped over, I can't imagine it would have been a difficult thing to integrate. Even if a few were made that way, I don't think they would have made the manual to reflect the few models that were oddities rather than the regular version which certainly had to outnumber them. It's also odd that the fuel section lists a separate section for the '93 360 throttle controls but the illustration is the LA image. I think it's a bit weird that they didn't use the Magnum image from the 318 and 3.9L listing. It just seems like whomever edited the fuel section in this manual was asleep at the wheel. Everything else I have looked at seems normal. It's also possible it could just be the PDF version of the manual I have. When these were put out, most dealers were on the Dealer Connect system which had electronic manuals off the server which had live updates on the fly. The PDFs were just considered as a backup or for dealers who were too cheap to get online with everything after the DIAL satellite system died. But it's possible my version has the screw ups and the paper version doesn't. Without one to look at, I have no way of knowing. They are auctioning off all the old stuff from the dealership soon, but I don't think I will be looking into any of it, lol.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
I currently have 3 1993 pick ups , 1 2500 318 , 1 150 360 L/D emissions , 1 w350 360 hd emissions all have 8 injectors , and a throttle plate with no injectors ..  The same wire that sends power + To the coil , also sends power to the injectors , and the heated o2 sensor/s . the pcm sends the separate  grounds to each , making them full circut . 

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.