Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, The speedometer in my Ramcharger is no longer accurate. It reads about 50 to 55 at an actual speed of 75. It does not jerk around , just slow. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I did replace the speed sensor at the rear of the transmission but that had no effect. Is their a business that repairs failing speedometers? Contact information would be great. Will the truck still run with the speedometer removed? You all have been so helpful in the past and I thank you for that.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Hello there!
Are you saying that your speedo was good before and started reading slow after not making any modifications or doing anything to the vehicle? No tire size or gear ratio changes, same transmission/transfer case? What are the details of your Ramcharger, 4x4? Auto? Cruise control?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct, however, I did not add all the pertinent data on my first post. It is powered by a 318 with automatic and it is 2wd. It is stock as delivered from the factory.

·
2013 Ram 1500 2014 Challenger SXT
2,266 Posts
And what is the year of your truck?

·
Registered
28,586 Posts
. I did replace the speed sensor at the rear of the transmission but that had no effect. Will the truck still run with the speedometer removed?

yes the truck will run , l,d say its the gears in your speedo head , theres a "howto" do it [ link below ] or you could just get another speedo head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts