Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck spits and sputters when I start it if I hit the gas it stalls. Then it starts up and run fine until I shut it of. I think it may be the fuel filter. Where is it? Truck is a 1993 250 Power Ram with a 5.9 - (360)

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
It is located on the frame rail near the fuel tank.

·
2,317 Posts
fuel injected, should be like 85 rc said, passenger side towards the rear. have you checked for codes when it does this?

·
Registered
619 Posts
on all the newer EFI trucks the fuel filter, fuel pump, and sending unit are all in one housing that is inside the gas tank. so if it needs replacing your gonna have to drop the tank, and that part is expensive. im not sure when dodge started doing this, but that might be where it is if it is not outside the tank.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
That was after 93 I believe

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
all mpfi trucks, from 92 on have them in the tank, and im 99.9% sure that all TBI trucks from 88 up have them in the tank as well.

Duane

·
Registered
65 Posts
CLRracer said:
all mpfi trucks, from 92 on have them in the tank, and im 99.9% sure that all TBI trucks from 88 up have them in the tank as well.

Duane
My 93 has it in the tank. I was thinking about cutting a fuel line and adding an inline one. Anyone try this? Would it be of any real benefit?? If so where would be the best place to add it?? just along the fuel rail anywhere??( More or Less)
My Ramcharger has about 190.000 on it -- i figure the original can't be THAT good. Probably have to drop the Tank and Do it dammit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts