Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the trans is put in the truck and i cant get the back up lights to go off and the od wont work ren the codes on the trans and got tps voltage to high and open od cerket what do i do about that the fuel milage is killing me with no od (205 a gallon)

jason

·
3,752 Posts
Try adjusting the voltage on the tps. http://www.piersdiesel.com/Tech1GTPS.htm The backup lights sound like the switch on the trans is stuck, try unpluging it and checking it with an OHM meter in different gears with the key on engine off and park brake set(for saftey).

·
7,995 Posts
What is the code/s that you got. As long as there is a TPS code I believe that the OD will not engage...can't really remember right now. Sounds like the BU lights have a short to ground in the wiring harness or there is a likage problem causing the switch to stay grounded. Did you pinch any wires?

·
3,752 Posts
What is the actual voltage of the orange middle wire on the tps with the key on at idle?

·
Registered
299 Posts
OD open circuit would be your problem. Either you broke a wire going to the trans or neglicted to connect it. The codes are telling you tahat the ecu does not 'see' the od solenoid being hooked up. Could also be an open circuit (bad solenoid) in the trans. Check wiring first. Use an ohmeter to check resistance on OD solenoid in trans too.

Good Luck!

Bruce

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there a way to by pass the system to kick in the od ???

also here is some info on the truck it is a 1993 ctd 4x4 and the trans is a 1993 ctd 2wd the wiring harness to the trans had to be changed from the 4x4 to the 2wd i also cant get the backup lights to go off and i keep throwing u jonts i am stsrting to think that this can not be done i pullled the fuse for the back up lights maybe i should just park it till i can get the money for the 5600 conversion i can drive the gasser if i have to just dont want to due to gas milage but i dont get good milage out of the diesel with out od

jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts