Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 1992 YJ and had to put a lot of TLC into it.  Before I could start it I put in new plugs, oil, filter, changed the fluids in both axles, transmission and T-Case.  Then I dropped the tank, cleaned it, installed a new fuel pump and fuel lines...well, I actually dropped the tank three times because the first time I had the wires backwards on the pump so it wasn't pushing any fuel, then the last time because the fuel lines were bad and that's when I replaced them.  after that it fired right up.  The drive home was sporty cuz the steering wheel was floppy, turn signal cam was loose in the socket, and the brakes were soft.

Since I got it home i removed the "home made" front bumper and installed an ARB bumper, rebuilt a Warn 8000 winch and installed a synthetic line, put all new rotors, drums, pads and shoes on it.  Removed and rebuilt the T-Case with a slip yoke eliminator, fixed shock mounts and added new Bilsteins, removed a very old Pro-Comp 4-Link (death wobble was awful, I had it almost gone but not quite so I put on a whole new BDS leaf spring kit with new steering components.  I also put on new beefier drive shafts.  the inside was rhino lined so I removed everything and power washed the tub to remove the bird nests ; )  The radio was gone, heating controls were hanging out and I fixed them and now th dash and gauges and heat all work.  I put a new soft top on and next up is lockers front and rear and I'll upgrade the gears from 4:10 to 4:88.  Then it is time for wheeling season.  now for some pics!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics before I did anything to it - in the shop to begin resurection!  The top was so rotted that the Velcro crumbled into dust when I tried to undo it.

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some Pics of me cutting off the welded front bumper so I could install the ARB bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nice work!  Thats a nice machine.  Loves me some Jeep.  Mine is a 73 but I dont get all snotty about "modern" machines.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chilly said:
Nice work! Thats a nice machine. Loves me some Jeep. Mine is a 73 but I dont get all snotty about "modern" machines.
Thanks - I have new seats, sliders, roll cage, 4:88 gears, lockers and RCV front drive shafts to install next ; )

·
Premium Member
13,407 Posts
it'd be fun to wheel both this and your RC together Homer - I'll volunteer to wheel either one while you wheel the other ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts