Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1992 D250 2wd Cummins- 5spd Getrag 360

My D250 use to have a 8 Ton PTO winch and Gin Pole Set up on it. The previous owner installed a PTO lever on the left side of the the Getrag shifter, so the stock shifter was changed to not hit the PTO Lever. Ive removed all of the PTO setup and PTO Lever. The Getrag shifter is the threaded type and straight. Unlike my 91 and my Buddy's 93 which has the two bolt style and  bent shifter toward the driver side.

My question is, before I heat this shifter up and bend it toward the driver side. Is there any factory or aftermarket shifter that are the threaded type that are bent toward the driver side? All i can find is the straight shifter which seems to be for both Getrag and NV4500. The straight shifter seems to be for 2nd Gen 94+.

Thanks for any Help!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I have not seen this threaded type you speak of.

My two '90 D250s have a one-piece rigid shifter. i.e. nothing but the knob itself comes apart from it.

One is stock, straight... as in it points at the sliding rear window latch. The other has been heated and bent into a lazy Z shape to be closer to the driver (more ergonomic, but in 1st gear it smashes the ashtray and wrecks anything you plug into the lighter socket).

·
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shifter I have is straight and threads into the Stub shaft coming from the transmission. The picture attached shows the Stub Shaft.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
The parts manual shows a two piece shifter for all Getrag models.  The illustration, which may not be 100% accurate, only shows a straight shaft.  1993 is the only year listed with what is described as a curved shaft.  The 2WD does list a different shaft, but there is no description.  The listing is a little confusing as it shows the A535 shifter in the same listing.  Pretty sure there were no 3/4 ton B-series vans with the Cummins and Getrag.  ;D

4428333  w/Diesel Engine, Straight Shaft
52078199  w/Diesel Engine, Curved Shaft 1993

·
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elwenil said:
The parts manual shows a two piece shifter for all Getrag models. The illustration, which may not be 100% accurate, only shows a straight shaft. 1993 is the only year listed with what is described as a curved shaft. The 2WD does list a different shaft, but there is no description. The listing is a little confusing as it shows the A535 shifter in the same listing. Pretty sure there were no 3/4 ton B-series vans with the Cummins and Getrag. ;D

4428333 w/Diesel Engine, Straight Shaft
52078199 w/Diesel Engine, Curved Shaft 1993
Thanks for the information and part number Elwenil!
Another buddy of mine thinks he may have the 93 Curved Shifter that I can try out.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
ProjectM880 said:
Another buddy of mine thinks he may have the 93 Curved Shifter that I can try out.
On the two '93 trucks have (bent style shifter)... the lower part of the shifter fatigues and breaks around the rubber isolator. Stick simply pulls off.

I'll weld in a chunk of something solid to connect the upper and lower in order to use it again.

·
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
u2slow said:
On the two '93 trucks have (bent style shifter)... the lower part of the shifter fatigues and breaks around the rubber isolator. Stick simply pulls off.

I'll weld in a chunk of something solid to connect the upper and lower in order to use it again.
Thanks! I didn't know they had issues there. Once I figure out if it is the right shifter I will strengthen it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.