Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't I quit you RCC???
After a long hiatus and recovery from divorce I am back at it. Facebook marketplace can be a good thing. While cruising the local ads a couple weeks ago I found this derelict 1992 Ramcharger. Then found a donor 1992 D250 farm truck as well on FB and after a day was reduced to only the essentials.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Day 2
More strip down pics, well what started out as just pull the old motor and quickly stab the deezle in, evolved quickly

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old smokey sitting in it's new home. Waiting on parts, but new fuel system will go in this coming week, as well as newer HX35 turbo with a 12cm exhaust housing followed by a custom 4" exhaust complete with a kick ass aeroturbine resonator.
Glad to be back, updates when I have them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Glad to see you back. Been down the divorce thing myself 8 years ago and took a couple years of hiatus to get back to my RC.
Looks like a fun project. Are ya gonna soup up that CTD?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J10Mike said:
Glad to see you back. Been down the divorce thing myself 8 years ago and took a couple years of hiatus to get back to my RC.
Looks like a fun project. Are ya gonna soup up that CTD?
yeah it's pretty amazing how that can change your life give you a little bit of perspective take some time to rethink things. The plan for the CTD is to do all the cheap stuff that you can to it, probably get the eighth inch timing bump rotate the fuel pin to the Deep Side, 366 spring, fuel preheater delete, grid heaters probably going to get deleted and then I think I'll enjoy it for a while and go from there I'm not going to get crazy with it the main focus of this project is just a cool driver that gets good mileage I'm not trying to win any races.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jungle said:
Great to see ya back!!!!!!

Nice to see anouther Cummins Ramcharger being built!!
Jim
Thanks jim glad to be back!

·
Registered
52,840 Posts
Love it!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mad Max said:
Hey Colin is that you? Welcome back {wave}

- Sam
Hey Sam! Yep in the digital flesh, trying to get back into things, but this time going the 2wd route

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
added a few more parts to the whole project. this story starts about 20  years ago while me and my brother were Scavenging through a Crusher yard when we came across the 1973 w100 four-wheel drive that just happened to have a big bolt pattern 8 and 3/4. so fast forward to a week ago when my memory caught up to me and remember this so after digging through a pile of about 25 axles I located that housing and axles

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the UPS man also dropped off the body mount kit the 8 3/4 Strange 1350 yoke as well as the Spicer 1350 transmission yoke and the Vulcan draw straw.  I also got the front Springs pulled in preparation for the new heavy duty springs and KYB shocks. Also pulled the H1C and prepped the hX35 for it new home by replacing the back plate to accept a v-band clamp. Also the fed ex guy dropped off the new down pipe, one piece Dynonax tailpipe and the Jones turbine resonator. Also, got the Gates baricade fuel line ran

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Too tired and no camera with me, but  I got the draw straw installed and the tank back in. Tomorrow I am going to finish painting the frame and hopefully get the front springs, shocks and turbo installed that way I can get the frame back under the body. Radiator also ordered and a small road trip in the manivan to get a good core support

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Kansascrewcab said:
the UPS man also dropped off the body mount kit the eight and three-quarter strange 1350 yoke as well as the Spicer 1350 transmission yoke and the Vulcan draw straw. I also got the front Springs pulled in preparation for the new heavy duty springs and KYB shocks. Also pulled the H1C and prepped the hX35 for it new home by replacing the back plate to accept a v-band clamp. Also the fed ex guy dropped off the new down pipe, one piece Dynonax tailpipe and the Jones turbine resonator. Also, got the Gates baricade fuel line ran
Do you happen to know the P/N of that tail pipe?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wilsonphil said:
Do you happen to know the P/N of that tail pipe?
Yep, it is Dynomax 54150

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mad Max said:
...minivans = great cargo vans {cool}
26 mpg, Ice cold A/C and invisible to highway patrol ;D

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pretty productive...... draw straw installed, fuel system ran, frame painted, new core support painted and ready. New coils came in,  but rockauto shipped the coil isolators from another warehouse so on hold till Friday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pic1
Have the new block heater and HX35 mounted up
Pic 2, 3, 4
Exhaust ran and welded, had to add 3.5" to the dynomax tailpipe and clock it about 5° to get the right kick out by the tire.
Pic 5
Snagged a factory front sway bar and got it mounted, but have to do some work to the end links thanks to an over anxious forklift guy and excessive rust. Also visible are the newly installed Moog 7172 HD coils and KYB shocks. I did not go for the popular 7172S (severe duty) as this is not a full size truck platform. I am really digging the stance and cannot wait to see how she sits with full weight as before it was way too low for my taste thanks to the Chicano chop coils
Pic 6
Chassis ready to go back under after I get the Transgo shift kit installed, bands adjusted and filter/fluid change.
Slowly getting there

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.