Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Ramcharger 360 46RH 3.55
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow ramcharger friends,

i got my fingers on an ex CHP Ramcharger with the 360 paired to the 46RH in it. The car got a mild resto and is now enjoying it's retirement here in good ol germany.
To get it roadlegal i need to send a picture of this emission sticker to the inspection services (along with a bazillion other things). Unfortunately i can't find it. As far as i was able to gather, the sticker is supposed to sit right under the hood. The only thing i was able to find was a belt diagram. I was also looking around the engine bay, but with no luck.
Tried the driver and passenger doors/doorframes as well without success.

Could you please give me a hint, where i might find it?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
usually under hood, directly above alternator on the 88-93s at least. Some of the HD 5.9s got stickers on the air cleaner though.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I'm not sure who all makes replacements or if Dodge has replacement for it, but I ran across this place that says you can order one.

EDIT: I read deeper. It seems they want a picture of your old one to make a new one. (!?!?!)

·
Registered
917 Posts
I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to replicate if someone would scan in their oem. Photoshop isn’t hard.

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
you did say it was a CHP ? , so needs CARB legal sticker , not the Federal one , has to say California on sticker too !

that diagram says neither [ Fed or Cali ] , so he is good , besides it's the ONLY one in the 1991 FSM for a 360-5.9 HD

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
that diagram says neither [ Fed or Cali ] , so he is good , besides it's the ONLY one in the 1991 FSM for a 360-5.9 HD
the diagram you posted does it say Federal and "other states " , which does not qualify as CARB compilate (would say California or CARB on sticker to be compliant )
What is worse its a 5.9 Diesel emissions sticker , 40 cfr 86085-1(b) gives it away .

·
Administrator
62,341 Posts
the diagram you posted does it say Federal and "other states " , which does not qualify as CARB compilate (would say California or CARB on sticker to be compliant )
What is worse its a 5.9 Diesel emissions sticker , 40 cfr 86085-1(b) gives it away .
Diesels do not have spark plugs. Or vacuum hoses, (except for the brake booster, which is supplied by a vacuum pump), or vapor canisters. I could go on, but its not necessary.

40 cfr 86.085-1(b), Has been gone for some time, My old book shows that it was a special rule that allowed manufacturers of vehicles fro 8000, to 10000 lb GVW, to be treated as heavy/ light duty vehicles for emissions for those few model years. Was not diesel specific.

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
l,d like to see where on this diagram you see all this stuff you claim

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
here is a 1990 Cali sticker NON police or HD [ only one l could find ] and from what l found is there is NO police or HD Cali emissions stickers [ if you find one l,d like to see it ]

·
Registered
32,080 Posts
the thing is l don't thing the "police and HD" had a Cali emission sticker , l think they skirted it like George posted [ see below as it might be right ]

My old book shows that it was a special rule that allowed manufacturers of vehicles from 8000, to 10000 lb GVW, to be treated as heavy duty vehicles for emissions for those few model years. [ edited]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts