Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. this idea is great. what does everyone think of smoke stacks on a 318 rc and where do you think the best place to put it is?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmm interesting... if you can make it work

my 2 cents run them up the sides behind the doors but you are going to have to worry about heat damage that close to the truck and depending on mods done and the size your running if you are going to have the back pressure needed. 

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should i run a snorkle??

lol @ oh the humanity

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'd run the pipes down the side, i.e. lake pipes or pimp pipes.

shielded side pipes

I've thought about installing side pipes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
    where do you think the best place to put it is?

::) :-X

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
I plan on a single exhaust 2.5" round or possibly 3" oval stack on the passenger side, and yes a snorkel too since that is the whole point in the stack.  My idea will look like hell, but will do what I want it to do and that's the main point.  My stack will exit the passenger side rear wheel well and go up the side of the truck, angled to the rear, much like the fording stack on a HMMWV.  For better clearance and to keep it from hanging off the side of the truck so far, I will french it into the side of the quarter panel.  It will stick out of the panel and up into clear space where the body slants inward.  I haven't decided on how far it will stick up past the cut in the quarter panel.  I would like to get it above my head when I am standing behind the truck so I don't catch exhaust in the face but since I will have minimal lift that may not be possible.  Final dimensions will be determined after I mock it up which is a long way off.  If I do decide to do an exo-cage that will allow me to stick it out a little further and still be protected.

As far as smoke stacks simply for looks, I despise them.  Having run plain, black steel, dual stacks on my W100 to keep the exhaust from getting ripped off, I will never do it again on a truck.  Right behind the cab they are too loud, are annoying and are just a big waste of time and bed space.  On a Ramcharger there is no good place to put them where they could ever possibly look good.  Due to the shape of the body they would sit so far off the side they would resemble the pic of that moron who put stacks on the Mustang.

On the subject of side pipes, check your local laws concerning them as they were illegal in many states for a long time.  Having grown up in the '70s around my father's van with side pipes and burning my legs on them all the time, I would pass on those as well.  Just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.