Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an A/C dash pad for 1990 Dodge RamCharger, Maroon is preferred, but not against painting one.
I am also looking for 3 center capes with the Dodge Division on the ring, and the black plastice ram's head in the center, I believe the part no is 52057793 02.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Just a general caution about vin tampering. You may want to stick with the dash you have. Dunno what you local laws have to say about it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up, the dash I have is pretty much cracked beyond use. I would take the vin out of the old one, and put it in the glove box. The VIN they use around here is usually the one on the door jam.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Just trying to save you trouble. They study rivets on the vin tag here, and stickers dont count.

Edit: if you want to upgrade to an in-dash speaker, 81-88 or 89 has that feature.

·
Administrator
62,037 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, the dash I have is pretty much cracked beyond use. I would take the vin out of the old one, and put it in the glove box. The VIN they use around here is usually the one on the door jam.
I would also add, document everything. Take lots of before, during, and after pics, that clearly show why, and that it is the same truck as the old VIN. Print them out and keep them in with the VIN.

I also went ahead and swapped the VIN to the new dash, and have pics of that. Most places when they pull you over for anything, will ask for license, registration, and insurance. Then they will verify the VIN on the dash matches the registration, and insurance. I doubt any of them will recognize the rivets are not right, but sure as shit they will notice a VIN that does not match. Then you will have every cop in the state stopping by while they go through your story several times. but Colorado does allow reattaching a VIN if it is necessary for rebuilding, or reconstruction purposes.

I would strongly suggest researching your state laws. Most states will confiscate a vehicle with an altered VIN. Would hate to see you loose a truck over something that could have been easily prevented.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the links on the center caps, I picked up 3 with only 2 shipping charges. I wanted to try here first.
DodgeBoys, if you can send me some pictures, and let me know where it is, and how much, I would bde interested. I have looked in some of the bone yards, and here in the south, they pretty much fall apart when you touch them.

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
DodgeBoys, if you can send me some pictures, and let me know where it is, and how much, I would bde interested. I have looked in some of the bone yards, and here in the south, they pretty much fall apart when you touch them.
its a little beat/nicked up from being thrown around but is NOT Broken or Cracked [ its in perfect condition ?? ]

Now DO NOT and l repeat DO NOT ask me to ship it , as l,ll just toss it back in the woods
if you wanna hire someone to show up and take it and they deal with shipping thats fine

location below

Plant Motor vehicle Grass Bumper Vehicle

Grass Natural material Metal Bumper Composite material

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am in Central Florida. I would like to find one with the ash tray and glove box. I am looking at a few options. Dodge Boys, if you throw it back in the woods, just remember where it throw it, if I can't find another option.

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
I am in Central Florida. I would like to find one with the ash tray and glove box. I am looking at a few options. Dodge Boys, if you throw it back in the woods, just remember where it throw it, if I can't find another option.

l have the other pieces [ glove box - ash tray - steering column cover ] price is go'in up

heres the deal my "unk ned" uncle Ned , been calling him that since l was a kid , is coming UP from florida to spend the summer and bury his wife [ GOD bless her ] but will be returning early fall [ Sept ] and l can ask him if he will transport it [ he lives in Lakeland ] if you have not found anything else

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
l have the other pieces [ glove box - ash tray - steering column cover ] price is go'in up

heres the deal my "unk ned" uncle Ned , been calling him that since l was a kid , is coming UP from florida to spend the summer and bury his wife [ GOD bless her ] but will be returning early fall [ Sept ] and l can ask him if he will transport it [ he lives in Lakeland ] if you have not found anything else
When it gets close to Sept, let me know. That would be great. I need the other 3 pieces mentioned. If another one comes along, I will let you know, but I probably will just use yours. I won't get around to replacing the dash until cooler weather. I have been putting this truck back together for 2 years, so a couple months does not really matter.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts