Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ramcharger has a fuel cell in it from the previous owner, but he gave me a tank to go under it.  Now, I know i can use whatever straps I can find and make them work, but i would like to use the ones made for it.  I cannot seem to find them though.  Are they the same as the D150?

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Used ones or fabricating your own are your only option as they are not available to the best of my knowledge.  The pickup straps will be vastly different due to the pickups using a fuel tank on the side of the frame and not at the rear like the Ramcharger.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Even trucks with the rear tanks use vastly different straps due to different size tanks vs the RCs and different crossmembers for the straps (I can snap some pics if needed).  Best bet is to do the JY crawl to see if you can find any.  Lanty or Pete or others would know best, but I don't think the tanks are interchangeable from 74-92, but my guess from my 81 and 85 would be 81-92 "tanks" are all the same, although the holes for the sending/pickup units are different between carbureted and EFI.  Hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.