Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
not stock , those are commonly known as wagon wheels and are in the chrome plated version , the OEM version I've seen most in your year is the center photo aluminum wheels with dodge center caps .
Yesterday's post on Blowout thread got me thinking. Thanks.

I had the same problem and ordered restored originals here: https://wheelsamerica.com/product/dodge-ramcharger-1980-1984-15-oem-wheel-rim/ I felt in love with this turbine rims, much nicer than the ones I had.

Your ones look good, I think there is no reason to change them because design (just my opinion):

You're right they look as if from the same time 80-90s and fit the truck's style perfectly. To be honest, getting them restored with new chrome will cost as much as the original ones you posted. thanks for that! (y) How much did you pay for the shipment?

Furthermore, I can get a brand new set of rims just like mine for 2/3 of the restoration price at my local rim store ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
View attachment 617176
NIce job with the spacers. I just did it more simple: Bought speakers that already have the spacer included:) JVC CSDR6930 günstig kaufen | eBay
Thanks :) I checked the speakers you bought while looking for mine, they have very good reviews. But I finally went with a whole set from Hertz... Not tested them yet but it should be fine.

Cutting out elements is not a problem when I have all the cutting and printing machines in my company. If you ever need anything like that just contact me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You have a complete new sound system, of course it is better to have all from the same brand. I destroyed on the speakers during disassembling and had only to replace them. So I didn't take care about the brand. Nevertheless the cheap new ones are better than the ones I had before.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You're right they look as if from the same time 80-90s and fit the truck's style perfectly. To be honest, getting them restored with new chrome will cost as much as the original ones you posted. thanks for that! (y) How much did you pay for the shipment?

Furthermore, I can get a brand new set of rims just like mine for 2/3 of the restoration price at my local rim store ;)
I paid for 4 rims 600$+50$ shipping to a US destination. + ~35% custom and taxes + transportation. Can't really say how much the transportation was because I shipped a whole palette but I think I paid around 900€ in total.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Nevertheless the cheap new ones are better than the ones I had before.
without a doubt... I know that feeling:)

I paid for 4 rims 600$+50$ shipping to a US destination. + ~35% custom and taxes + transportation. Can't really say how much the transportation was because I shipped a whole palette but I think I paid around 900€ in total.
I use the same method, send it to a company in US(domestic US shipping is either cheap or free), then they wait for all my orders, pack them all together and ship across the ocean :)

Maybe you'd like to sell your rims for 500€ :ROFLMAO:;) They are used now :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Registered
309 Posts
My truck was changed to manual locking hubs. No central caps are included. I would also need two for the rear axle but haven't found some so far. The diameter of the central hole is 90mm what fits exactly the hub of a 1984 RC. My old ones were 110mm, so the rim was only fixed at the wheel studs :oops:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I wrote an email to wheelsamerica about the diameter of the central hole on the other model you sent and if they have caps available. Mine is also changed and I have to measure the hubs when I get back home.
Maybe someone on RCC knows a place we can get them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
At the front is not much space around but it works.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
59,411 Posts
At the front is not much space around but it works.
The factory center cap mounted with screws through those three extra holes.

·
Super Moderator
59,411 Posts
You would likely have a better chance finding a unicorn.

Here is what they look like.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thought so... :LOL:
I just measure my locking hubs and central hole, they are 90 and 110mm like Albucher's.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Seems there was a shortage of 90mm central hole rims in US 20 years ago... I brought the old and the new rims to my tire dealer to move the tires and he called me ten minutes later desperately: If the old rims fit the new can't: Everything is different! :oops: The original rims are much more inside what does not look great. Will have to place a track extension at least the the rear. Front is still OK.

·
Super Moderator
59,411 Posts
If it is the aluminum rims, a machine shop can make the center hole larger.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If I see it correct the hole in the rim is too big. That's bad because the rim is only held by the screws.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I found some caps in an online 4x4 store
20210428_191815.jpg
They come in 2 versions for regular holes or as the on on the photo for locking hubs(size 110 and 114mm). Available colors are chrome, brushed aluminium and black.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Do you have a link? Can't find them.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts