Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
At mine it looks different: No ash tray, cover made from synthetic leather. Space behind the covers should there be enough for big speakers. If I had it I would also use it. But I won't install it. We don't have often passangaers with us and when they should listen to the V8 sound :)

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
28,053 Posts
Door sound deadening effect

I'm officially a YouTuber now LOL

make absolutely sure that the bottom door drain holes are NOT plugged with sound deadner , there are 2 or 3 of them / they will fill with water and rot them out quick

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
make absolutely sure that the bottom door drain holes are NOT plugged with sound deadner , there are 2 or 3 of them / they will fill with water and rot them out quick

View attachment 616905
You're right, there're 3 holes at the bottom. I did some research before the job and read about keeping the drain holes clear. Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Christmas came early this year…

Finally, got my parts from the land and off the free…

The biggest score is the "new" central console so I can finally have the beast replaced.

IMG_7216.JPG
For the Beaty:love:
20210416_154835.jpg

The second good news is that my new amp fits perfectly inside the new cosole

20210416_144906.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Your new one looks like the the one we have. Is it orignal 1990? Our one was not fixed in the car and we so we removed it. The only thing we miss are the cupholder. I would think about in investing in some carpet. The car looks much nicer with it: Molded Carpet ... Fits and Looks Like Original

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Your new one looks like the the one we have. Is it orignal 1990? Our one was not fixed in the car and we so we removed it. The only thing we miss are the cupholder. I would think about in investing in some carpet. The car looks much nicer with it: Molded Carpet ... Fits and Looks Like Original
The central console is from the 90s.

With deeper cup holders.

The new carpets and floor mats arrived with the console yesterday LOL

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
The only thing is that I bought a set of 4 floor mats, 2 front embroidered were delivered but the two rear weren't.

First I had them shipped to Illinois, where all orders from different sources were packed together and then shipped to Poland.

The order for the mats was placed on January 15th and I wrote my complaint yesterday... Rockauto only informed me that they'll send it again and gave me a tracking number. That's what I call customer service!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My 4yr old son wanted to have a t-shirt like his dad, so I made him one. Can't wait to see his reaction :)
20210423_090517.jpg 20210423_091020.jpg

The back is my design. I can post the original file for printing if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great looking RC since it's 2 wheel drive let me know if you need suspension parts I stripped 2 parts trucks and had a lot of the parts sandblasted.
Keep up the great work!
Rob

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Great looking RC since it's 2 wheel drive let me know if you need suspension parts I stripped 2 parts trucks and had a lot of the parts sandblasted.
Keep up the great work!
Rob
Thanks for the offer but my RC is 4wd.
Do you have other parts ass well or just the suspension?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Last week brought some progress in car audio project.

I finally managed to mount the front speakers. First I wanted to do it simple but then decided to go with the original covers that protect speakers against water coming from leaking window seals. I cut holes in the grills to fit the whistles, then I had to laser cut out 8mm bumerang spacers so speaker membranes could work properly and seal it all that with acoustic tape. It required lots of work that no one will ever see but it works good and that's what matters.

Central console has now two inside brackets to keep the amplifier in place. Behind it I can hide all the cables coming from the radio plus an extra USB charging port. I wouldn't drill holes in the console but found 2 pre drilled holes by the previous owner which I wanted to hide.

The usb port will help me a lot because I don't like to have the ashtray open with cables hanging from it.

Have to be honest with you, I'm really proud of the idea that the amp is visible inside the console and plan to cover it with clear plexiglass to make the effect even better. It's functional, looks good, will hide all my cables and makes the armrest box more usable due to more regular shape.

Every connection between metal and plastic is filled with acoustic foam to prevent any unwanted noise.

·
Registered
13,132 Posts
does it need to "cool" will it overheat if too boxed in ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
does it need to "cool" will it overheat if too boxed in ?
No, it operates around 31C/87F. There are no fans to distribute the heat, only simple PC like aluminium radiators.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the offer but my RC is 4wd.
Do you have other parts ass well or just the suspension?
I have a few other parts mostly 2wd parts. I'm always looking for parts let me know what you need and I will keep an eye out here locally

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
another question :)
I have, what I believed stock wheels on my RC and wanted to get them renovated in a few weeks.
20210405_130248.jpg

After doing some research yesterday, and reading other threads I have my doubts.

RC Brochure from 1990 shows only three types of wheels but every dealer probably had other options available.

You have seen plenty of RC throughout the years so do you think the wheels are stock or at least were common on Rcs in 80s and 90s? If not they aren't worth restoring because it costs the same as a set of new ones.

·
Registered
13,132 Posts
not stock , those are commonly known as wagon wheels and are in the chrome plated version , the OEM version I've seen most in your year is the center photo aluminum wheels with dodge center caps .

·
Registered
309 Posts
21 - 40 of 88 Posts