Dodge RamCharger Central banner
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Real nice work!
Thanks Kurt. I wouldn't have done it without my Dad. It's definitely a two man job and it was fun having him around.
We don't have many chances to work on projects together but I plan to change it.

He sees what I'm doing, has fun helping and what's more important in a couple of months wants to start his own project - single cab, short bed Ram 1500 or D150(it's the smallest one, right?) (y)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Cant help you with the latch, but that's a great idea making those panels.

I had been thinking about trying my hand at making door kick panels out of some thin plywood or something.
That requires skills that are beyond my reach, at least for now. There are some 3D elements that would need bending and routing.

I got a set of kick panels on ebay for 40$ and they are in really good shape. The price is fair when you compare it to time spent making them on your own.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Oh, I meant the flat panels on the bottom of the doors that are covered in carpet. I thought they were called kick panels too.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Huge progress today. Added foam for extra padding on the panels, made some samples to learn how to use contact glue on different materials(it's rather tricky because it changes the fabrics structure - photo below)

THEN we did the final wrap with fabric, added new spare protection and an extra lighter socket for the second row, installed the seats, chromes and voila...

There're a few final tunes left for tomorrow and we're ready to go for our anniversary road trip. Yeah 🥳

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks good! I have a kind of leather substitute there, makes it a bit more complicated to restore it, It is still too good just to remove it. The paper below is not so good, maybe it has been wet once in the decades before. Do you have the interior lights on the right side? At my car they are on the left.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Looks good! I have a kind of leather substitute there, makes it a bit more complicated to restore it
Post some photos of it, maybe we all can help.

The paper below is not so good, maybe it has been wet once in the decades before. Do you have the interior lights on the right side? At my car they are on the left.
That was the main reason why I decided to make new ones. They looked li s...
I have a very basic version of the RC so no central lock, no power windows and no interior lights on the sides 😢
I added an extra lighter socket for the second row so I'm getting closer to having a luxury limousine :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Pretty scenery over there. What do you call those mountains?

I was in Vermont a few years back, they remind me of the Green Mountains up there.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
This is Small Beskid 1100m(3300 ft) tops.
Mountains are always beautiful, no matter what time of year.
We had to hide in a cave for an hour, due to thunder storm but apart from the short rain it was a pretty sunny day. We ate in an old student cabin - it was like a time machine jump to 1960s.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Man that is pretty. Of course, this is coming from a flat lander out here on the prairie. The scenery doesn't change much around here. :)

Google says the Beskids are southern Poland, is this right? I have some distant cousins living in Slovakia, doesn't look like it's too far from there.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 · (Edited)
Where we live is also pretty flat but I have 50 miles to the mountains and almost the same distance to both Slovakia and Czech.
I used to spend my holidays as a boy there.
When we were on our road trip GPS led me through Czech (shortest way). I was unaware and only saw the border sign, we had to turn around behind the border like some criminals and go back to Poland😂

I registered my RC as an antique and therefore every time I take her outside our borders someone from antique dept has got to be notified. Haven't done it yet so don't know how it works but it shouldn't be a problem.

On the border we felt like outlaws for a moment, furthermore I left all the documents at home so to be honest I have no idea how it would end up if Czech police caught us. I don't think they allow RCC access from prison :LOL:

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
247 Posts
Over here we’re pretty laid back on the antique tags. I’d say 99% of guys don’t even put the antique tag on their vehicle. they just keep it in the backseat.

·
Administrator
59,743 Posts
It varies a lot. Where I lived in Pa, hauling anything in a pickup with antique tags would get you pulled over quick. The next county over, they did not care. Here, it costs more to have a collector / antique plate then a normal plate. I guess you save for the few areas that have emissions testing.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
361 Posts
Where we live is also pretty flat but I have 50 miles to the mountains and almost the same distance to both Slovakia and Czech.
I used to spend my holidays as a boy there but now.
When we were on our road trip GPS led me through Czech (shortest way). I was unaware and only saw the border sign, we had to turn around behind the border like some criminals and go back to Poland😂

I registered my RC as an antique and therefore every time I take her outside our borders someone from antique dept has got to be notified. Haven't done it yet so don't know how it works but it shouldn't be a problem.

On the border we felt like outlaws for a moment, furthermore I left all the documents at home so to be honest I have no idea how it would end up if Czech police caught us. I don't think they allow RCC access from prison :LOL:
They seem nice

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
When we were on the road trip i wanted to test two things: 1. fuel consumption and 2. the moment when the low fuel lamp turns on.

1. We made 437 miles on 32,43 galons of fuel. Average 14,2 mpg - 17,5 l/100km which is normal from what I've read here.
2. Fuel light - I have no idea where it is on the dash and on what fuel level it should turn on.
Here's a photo of the gauge when we were driving. Shouldn't the light be on already?

161 - 180 of 215 Posts