Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
I took the seats and floor out today. Wasn't exacting to see that...

There a bit of rust on the driver's side but for a 30 years old truck that's nothing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Doesn't look to bad. In my area thats a rust free truck 馃槉
I agree. That's what I wrote below the photos ;)
I expected something far worse than that because in my area it's considered no rust.

30 min of grinding, 2 layers of rust primer and 2 of black coat should be fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Today a had a guest in the shop. My 6y old daughter had fun drawing and I had company :love:

Registered

Registered
Maybe next winter I should also do a deeper look below the carpet. I have done it at the edges and so far it was OK. But better safe than sorry. I'm still surprised how less rust there is on this car. It has run all its life in Washington state. Not the perfect environment compared to the southern states. Nevertheless, there is not much rust. Even where some sins were done like drilling a hole into the metal without any protection.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Maybe next winter I should also do a deeper look below the carpet.
Good idea! It only takes 10 min to take a quick pick under the carpets, 8 screws at the doors.

Even where some sins were done like drilling a hole into the metal without any protection.
I had to patch 20+ holes from self tapping screw in the tunnel :LOL:
Previous owner installed an aftermarket central console and some other unidentified upgrades :unsure:o_O

Registered
yeah sure , I rode 350 miles in an old R model Mack with a wooden one as a buddy seat , may be your dream , but , not mine LOL

Reactions: Panda

Registered
That's a good beer. You have to find a way to keep it cool during driving :)

What sense makes the black film at the inside of your doors? Will you use a plastic cover at the end to close the doors bevor you put the door covers on it? At my doors the original plastic film below the covers is damaged. Because I'll have to open the doors again to work on the power door locks again I want to do refurbish them a bit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
What sense makes the black film at the inside of your doors? Will you use a plastic cover at the end to close the doors bevor you put the door covers on it?
I used sound deading mats (buthyl+aluminium ) to strengthen the door.The inside panel is made from a thin sheet of metal and was wobbly. When I was closing the door the central part of the door panel around the armrest was moving 2-3 cm/1 inch to the inside. Now it's more sturdy and I managed to reduce the effect by 3/4.

I'm going to fill all the technical wholes with thin self-adhesive aluminum sheets. I'll post it next week...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I'm finally done with the sound deading my RC.
The last step was the floor. I used butyl-aluminum mats as the base layer, 9 mm foam on the tunnel(generates most of the noise in my case) plus 6mm on the rest.

Next step will be finishing the audio and installing new carpets...

20210508_142740.jpg
20210508_142724.jpg
20210512_182845.jpg
20210512_182859.jpg
20210512_182919.jpg

Registered
I got those original rims on my truck now. Center caps snap in, put it in the center and slap it with your hand. Shop that put those rims on my truck said those caps wouldn鈥檛 fit over my 4wd hub. I slapped them on right in front of him.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 · (Edited)
I saw it on your thread @Lzed but thought you didn't have manual hubs on.
How much do your hubs stick out?

Registered
I have automatic hubs. I suppose they could be a pain to pop off every time to engage 4wd

Registered
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
F... I broke one of the trims :cry:

Registered
I鈥檇 use some real strong clear glue or even 鈥減lastic weld鈥 it back. I wouldn鈥檛 count on finding another one of those soon.

Registered
I鈥檇 use some real strong clear glue or even 鈥減lastic weld鈥 it back. I wouldn鈥檛 count on finding another one of those soon.
JB Weld has a 5 minute clear out that works nice... ClearWeld Pro Size

81 - 100 of 136 Posts