Dodge RamCharger Central banner
341 - 360 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
Did the mirrors come
From lmc truck? I’m eventually going to buy a set looking for a good place to purchase from. Your RC looks amazing!
I got them from Rockauto but last time I checked they were unavailable. I've seen them on ebay from carpartswholesale.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Dorman responded
Looking at the stock measurements for the front wheel stud 4x4 model truck we would not have anything longer than what is stock for the truck. It has an offset knurl and a .625 knurl call out which the stock replacement would be the longest we offer at 2.25”.

While looking for more info online, Google lead me back to RCC thread from 2010 where @Elwenil solved the mystery.

I'd only like to confirm the length of front factory studs. 1 15/16"?
Isn't it funny that it links you back here to Ramcharger Central?
Good 'ol Ramcharger Central... and one of our master Mopar truck guys... Elwenil!
No applause. Just throw money! ;D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 · (Edited)
So we sent our two oldest daughters to ski camp, and are now a family of four, which means... We can all fit in the RC... ;)
We had a short 20 mile trip to the park,

It was our youngests debut in the RC, and my RCs debut with a stroller, baby seat and a scooter :LOL:
Everyone seemed to enjoy it...
Smile Vertebrate Organ Motor vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Smile Mode of transport

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Blue Trunk

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
This thread is for sweat, blood and tears only. No fun anymore please :sneaky:
Sweat, blood and tears are usually followed by rewards - this was mine :) Next time I'm putting the rest of the family in the trunk for an offroad ride to the woods :ROFLMAO: (y)

• Haha
Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
I decided to renovate the chromes on the dash. I used Liquid chrome marker.

The effect is amazing. It is not resistant to rubbing alcohol or any other cleaning chemicals though. I'll have to be careful when cleaning the dash. Using dry cloth is OK but rubbing the chromes makes the shine effect go away. That's the price I'm willing to pay for the chrome looks.

Before
Tableware Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Automotive lighting Gas

Tableware Rectangle Wood Gadget Gas

Automotive lighting Light Amber Building Rectangle

Amber Wood Rectangle Orange Automotive lighting

And after
Sleeve Grey Font Automotive lighting Red

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grey Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design

Automotive lighting Light Rectangle Automotive exterior Red

Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Rectangle Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have done the same last winter and it also looks much better. I have used a silver pen, may using liquid silver color and a small paint roller had been better an easier. OK, I'm getting more experience day by day abd bow I have a small paint roller to bring the rust protection to the right place

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
I have done the same last winter and it also looks much better. I have used a silver pen, may using liquid silver color and a small paint roller had been better an easier. OK, I'm getting more experience day by day abd bow I have a small paint roller to bring the rust protection to the right place
Watching your thread made me try it. After a few fails I found the right chrome paint marker for the job. The key IMO is the right shape of the ending - flat 3-4mm.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Artist paint brush and gentle polish, repeated 3 times.
I try to use my car model skills from the 60's doing that work.
Now approaching 68... I found using magnifying glasses really helps with that close up work.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 · (Edited)
So we're on a road trip, my wife and I. Made 200 miles and our RC performed good.
Here are some photos from the road
Cloud Sky Light Plant Tree

Cloud Sky Plant Hood Blue

341 - 360 of 380 Posts